Stupid question, but... how do I know when it's done charging?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Galaxy Nexus, and figured I'd charge it up before activating it. I plugged it in (without powering it on), and a white battery icon appeared on the screen that indicated it's charging, but it's since disappeared, and I can't figure out how to tell when it's done.

I went ahead and activated the phone on Verizon's site, but it's still showing my previous phone (the Thunderbolt) as my phone. Will it change over once I power it on? Should I wait to power it on until it's done charging?

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: Stupid question, but... how do I know when it's done charging

Just got my Galaxy Nexus, and figured I'd charge it up before activating it. I plugged it in (without powering it on), and a white battery icon appeared on the screen that indicated it's charging, but it's since disappeared, and I can't figure out how to tell when it's done.

I went ahead and activated the phone on Verizon's site, but it's still showing my previous phone (the Thunderbolt) as my phone. Will it change over once I power it on? Should I wait to power it on until it's done charging?

you can go to settings > battery, and it says

mebaker

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

you have more pateince than me. I turned it on immediately. Also downloaded light flow from th e app store to set up all my notification lights including battery. In answer to your question, if the battery indicator doesnt' have a charge icon in it then it is done charging.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Well, I mean, is there any way to tell when the phone is not powered on? I assumed the little notification light would be used as an indicator, like it was on the Thunderbolt, but it doesn't come on.

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Well, I mean, is there any way to tell when the phone is not powered on? I assumed the little notification light would be used as an indicator, like it was on the Thunderbolt, but it doesn't come on.

Download Light Flow...you will be able to control the LED

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Download Light Flow...you will be able to control the LED

That would make the LED work even when the phone is powered off?

So, there's no reason to not turn the phone on before it's done charging for the first time, is there? I always do this with my new electronics as a precaution, but again, while the phone is powered off, it appears there's no way to tell if it's done charging or not. o_O

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I been charging mine when its off and the white battery shows totally white when its fully charged .When the battery is black is how low the charge is,,, the white color fills the battery icon as it gets charged til battery fully white.
If the screen isn't on just bump the power button and you can see the white battery again.
This way again is when the phone is off.
It charges really fast I noticed too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
+1 - Just a quick tap of the power button when the phone is off will show you battery level.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463