Verizon looking into the signal strength issue, software coming

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon looking into the signal strength issue, software comi

I spoke too soon I guess. I just paid $300 for this new phone and paid a $128 monthly bill. I'm out $430 and have no data connection. I'm feeling a little butt hurt at the moment. :mad:

I know how you feel. Except I paid $750. AND I was already really on the fence about it because of the odd slower speeds.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

LOL why are so defendent. I mean damn I am just making a statement, its not like I am hurting verizon's feelings. I don't know why I am hurting yours, lol. Just relax, it was just a statement, I had to let it out, have you ever done that?

More like; you're over-dramatizing something that is common with new networks. When verizon upgraded to 3G waybackwhen they had similar hiccups. Ish happens. One of the 'benefits' of being on the bleeding edge.

jbecerril

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Down in Tucson AZ, without netflix what am i supposed to do while im at work

mcchea

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site

Down in Tampa/St. Petersburg area yet my friend's Incredible is on 3G fine. Is this an issue with LTE phones only?

dmbatson

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Down in Tucson AZ, without netflix what am i supposed to do while im at work

Download any good games?

Glad im not at work... circle k in Tucson. The night shift sucks lots of weirdos and boring to all hell.
Hello job hunting, is there a app for that?

Sorry if hard to read sent from Wifi nexus... :-\

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site

Verizon tech support says there is a nationwide network outage - email just rolled to techs based upon number of trouble tickets.

No estimate on service resumption yet. Tech said that there were many dozens of people on hold.

Greg

is this happening right now because i have no data connection apparently... >_<

tugcapt1#CB

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to burst everyone's bubbles, but the leaked radios show no improvement whatsoever. Reported signal is identical, speeds are identical (if not worse), and handoff to 3G is actually significantly worse. I'm very disappointed
right now. I really don't know what the deal is, but the speeds are sort of pathetic.

drats...

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Socal is down.....Orange county area.

no 4g signal. even when cdma mode only no 3g sign......

zenit#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site

interesting thing: with 4g network down here, the phone is forced to display EVDO connection strength.

At my desk where i usually get -90 to -105 dbm on LTE, the phone is now displaying solid -75 dbm EVDO.

This kind of confirms the anandtech article and the difference in displayed signal strength people are seeing with other phones.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine dropped data connection totally. Can only connect to wifi. Tried doing a factory reset, pulling Sim/battery, still not connecting to the network. Was working earlier on 4g, now no 3g or 4g, or 1x. Stock 4.0.2 ROM. Needless to say I will be going to the Verizon store tomorrow. Does anyone know if I exchange it if they will give me a new unit or a return/refurb?

Edit: looks like I should have read the posts before mine.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

jbecerril

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Mine dropped data connection totally. Can only connect to wifi. Tried doing a factory reset, pulling Sim/battery, still not connecting to the network. Was working earlier on 4g, now no 3g or 4g, or 1x. Stock 4.0.2 ROM. Needless to say I will be going to the Verizon store tomorrow. Does anyone know if I exchange it if they will give me a new unit or a return/refurb?

Edit: looks like I should have read the posts before mine.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

LOL.. sorry i couldnt help myself but that really sucks

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Glad to know it's not just me here in Houston.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Up in Northeast PA no data...no wonder it took forever to activate my phone last night and it only wants to go to wifi....UGH! I feel like RIM is behind this!! lol

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Data out in Raleigh-Durham North Cakalaca! Luckily I didnt try to factory reset myself, that was the next step if I didnt read the news.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I said that once to a Verizon rep back when I was having with the tbolt. The rep told me the tower might be too high over me. :what:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just climb the tower to make a call. No problem. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox