Calendar, can't get it to work?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I am new to Android so I may just be doing something wrong but I can't get the calendar to work for me. When I try to add something it gives me a warning "No calendars" and it telles me to add a Calendar account. So I try to sign in with my gmail account and get "Account already exists. There is already a (account name) account on this Android device". So I hit next and it just promps me to sign in again.

I don't understand, its the whole point is to be able to use the account you are already signed into? Why would I need another gmail account just to use the calendar? Shouldn't it sync with my calendar I already have with my gmail?

I'm confused, can anybody help.

hognelson

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Try this. When your in the calendar press the 3 dots in the upper right corner. Then hit Calendars to display. Check the ones you want and it should work. It did for me.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine, even with other calendar apps. 2 things to check:

1. In settings>accounts & sync> clcik on your account and make sure that Sync Calendar is checked.
2. On your PC, log into your gmail account, click on the Calendar link, click on the little settings gear wheel in the top right corner of the screen, select Calendar settings, click in the Mobile Setup link and make sure your phone number is entered and you have done the verification thing.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Try this. When your in the calendar press the 3 dots in the upper right corner. Then hit Calendars to display. Check the ones you want and it should work. It did for me.

Did that and it just shows a empty screen, at the bottom a "Calendars to sync" button. Click on that and another blank screen.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine, even with other calendar apps. 2 things to check:

1. In settings>accounts & sync> clcik on your account and make sure that Sync Calendar is checked.
2. On your PC, log into your gmail account, click on the Calendar link, click on the little settings gear wheel in the top right corner of the screen, select Calendar settings, click in the Mobile Setup link and make sure your phone number is entered and you have done the verification thing.

I haven't added my phone number in mobile setup so I thought that would fix it. Did that and the verification, so now it shows my number.

Calendar is still not working. Doing the same as above, I try to use it and it says sign in, I do and it says I'm already signed onto that account on the phone (duh).

I went to my settings> Accounts & sync> clicked on my account and it doesn't have calendar? It has as listed
Sync Books
Sync Browser
Sync Contacts
Sync Gmail
Sync Google Photos
Sync Music
Sync Wallet

That is all I have on the list. I have everything checked to sync.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
At this point, I would try a battery pull. If that doesn't fix it, I'm at a loss, though I feel certain that it's some software thing, not a broken phone.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I would try a battery pull. If that doesn't fix it, I'm at a loss, though I feel certain that it's some software thing, not a broken phone.

Did that too LOL and no help. I'm at a lose, this is the only problem I'm having as far as I know. I don't really use my calendar on my email very much but have always used it on my phone!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Last resort, I took off all my accounts off the phone. Didn't want to but couldn't think of anything else to do. Than added my main account back and it is now working!! Thanks for your help!

ChrisSteger11

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok,, So i am having the same issue...
I have everything checked, updated the Gmail calendar on the pc, added the cell # to the account online...
Still nothing

I removed Gmail account, and added it back- Still not getting it to work.
I also am not able to add my Facebook account to the listed accounts.

I just reset the phone and still not able to get it to display my items...

Any suggestions????

spoutinwyze

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't added my phone number in mobile setup so I thought that would fix it. Did that and the verification, so now it shows my number.

Calendar is still not working. Doing the same as above, I try to use it and it says sign in, I do and it says I'm already signed onto that account on the phone (duh).

I went to my settings> Accounts & sync> clicked on my account and it doesn't have calendar? It has as listed
Sync Books
Sync Browser
Sync Contacts
Sync Gmail
Sync Google Photos
Sync Music
Sync Wallet

That is all I have on the list. I have everything checked to sync.

Identical problem! Makes no sense. Signed in and cannot sign in as its already on the phone. Went to check and had the two blank calendar pages and no Calendar in the Accounts & Syncing menu.
Figured I'd work backwards and was correct.
1) Open your google apps>gmail icon (separate from regular email accounts that has grouping of google items like google+, google messenger, maps etc.. )
2) Once inside gmail app at the lower right the settings appear (3 dots) click that, brings you to a new page at the top says "add account" and yet more settings (3 dots). neither saying delete. however if you 3) choose your gmail account and at the top of THAT page is a "remove this account" button. do that,
4) THEN go back into calendar, try making an event, it will ask to associate an account,
5) choose the blue google icon and sign in, this time it will wiork and you will ikely have to skip the part that asks for your credit card info right after. But now the Accounts & Synching options in your regular settings will include the calendar, AND you will still have the gmail account in your gmail app.. why this order of operations has to be done as such I can only amount to poor coding, but hey,, Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) is still pretty new.

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
What worked for me is when it asked me to create a gmail account in the calendar, I went to web or browser log in on top, log in with your gmail information and that should sync your calendar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power