making custom ring tones

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
how do I make custom ringtone for the gnex? I know it is a noob question but this is my first android phone. is there a 3rd party app I have to install on my laptop or is there an app from the marketplace I can grab/buy?

thx

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Then help me out, I got Ringdroid and I can't do anything with it!

It opens up, it has a search bar, record now button and Inthru button. Can't get it to find any music on my phone?

Never mind, I was trying to use music from Google Music (and yes I did download them to use offline) and it wouldn't work from that. So I hooked up to the computer and downloaded some music. it finds that music.

finger11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I usually use hip-hop interludes or instrumentals for my ringers. Download Audacity to open the MP3/shorten/amplify/compress to MP3 and then throw it on my phone in /ringtones when you connect the Gnex to your PC.

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
This is the one compatible with the GNex.

thanks, I'll give this a shot tonight.

I usually use hip-hop interludes or instrumentals for my ringers. Download Audacity to open the MP3/shorten/amplify/compress to MP3 and then throw it on my phone in /ringtones when you connect the Gnex to your PC.

I used to have soundForge to shorten and edit music, I might have to reinstall it again.

the ringtones for android, does it have a fix length/duration or can be it of any length/duration?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2