Automatically Lock not working correctly, anyone suggestions??

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My work requires me to use a password lock, but they allow me to set the automatic lock for up to 15 minutes. However, I have changed it to 10 minutes in the settings, but each time I put my phone to sleep, it locks immediately.

Anyone else having this problem? Also, are there any apps out there that will help me override this and change it to 10 to 15 minutes? Also wondering if CM7 / 9 allows that in their settings.

Thanks

albertsm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this as well. It locks as soon as you hit the power button but if you let the screen time out, it doesn't lock (until ten minutes passes). I don't know this is by design or not but it's annoying.

This feature works correctly in CM7 so I'm sure it will in CM9.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Automatically Lock not working correctly, anyone suggestions?

I can't remember, does CM7 let you over ride the system lock settings?

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I can't remember, does CM7 let you over ride the system lock settings?

CM7 has very granular controls. You can separately configure the "screen off" and "security lock" behavior, and separately configure what happens when you press the power button versus what happens when the phone is idle. My employer also requires a password, so on my Fascinate (with CM7) I had it set up to lock only after 30 minutes of idleness. If I pressed the power button to turn the screen off, it didn't lock at all. That meant I could turn the screen on and off at will without even having to use the slide unlock (unless it was idle for 30 minutes).

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site

CM7 has very granular controls. You can separately configure the "screen off" and "security lock" behavior, and separately configure what happens when you press the power button versus what happens when the phone is idle. My employer also requires a password, so on my Fascinate (with CM7) I had it set up to lock only after 30 minutes of idleness. If I pressed the power button to turn the screen off, it didn't lock at all. That meant I could turn the screen on and off at will without even having to use the slide unlock (unless it was idle for 30 minutes).

I ran CM7 on my incredible, but didn't need the security lock then, so don't remember all the settings. I was looking for a CM9 rom / kong or something to flash and try, but can't find one for LTE. My work will allow 30 minutes, but I can't get 10 seconds on the Galaxy Nexus. Very annoying.

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Is this still an issue? This is crazy. I turn my phone screen off. Turn it on a second later and I have to enter my pattern. Am I doing something wrong?

Dirty-Bird

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

Surprised no one has mentioned this more. Simple but annoying issue.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

So I take it no one has found a fix? I have the same issue and coming off an iPhone and Lumia that do function correctly this is a major annoyance.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site

So I take it no one has found a fix? I have the same issue and coming off an iPhone and Lumia that do function correctly this is a major annoyance.

AOKP Rom has a fix for this in their ROM Settings.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

This was fixed is stock 4.0.4, but you need to go into Settings-->Security and uncheck "Power button instantly locks".