Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Default How to save voicemails

Is it possible to transfer and save voicemails to either PC or Mac?

And how can I do that - I have important voicemails saved under the Verzizon voicemail but cannot locate files?

Thx

Default Re: How to save voicemails

The files are stored on Verizon's server, not your phone. Try using Google Voice from now on for your voicemail. That way you can always access your voicemails from voice.google.com. I would contact Verizon to see if there is a way to download their voicemails to your computer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by revickulous2001 View Post
    The files are stored on Verizon's server, not your phone. Try using Google Voice from now on for your voicemail. That way you can always access your voicemails from voice.google.com. I would contact Verizon to see if there is a way to download their voicemails to your computer.
    I called Verizon and the only option is a pay service which I do not want. I was hoping for an app that can do it?

Thx

I know every time there's a post like this, somebody says "use Google Voice," but that is really your best option. Sign up for it and install the app on your phone. You don't need to import a number or use it for everything. You can just set it up to handle your voicemail. That way, your voicemail will be available through any browser and you can save it and relabel it.

As for the ones you already have, I'm not sure they can be downloaded as a file and moved around. There might be an app in the market to help, but customer service should give you some answers.

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

Google Voice is your answer... you can email your voicemail messages if you like
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Thanks!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

There are apps to record phone calls, right? Could you install that and call your voicemail, recording that call?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I had the same problem, but hooked up the line in (Mic) from the computer to the headset jack on the phone. I turned up my speakers so I could hear it and used Windows Sound Recorder to save each one to a file on my computer.......

Happy Holidays!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by binarypoet View Post
    I had the same problem, but hooked up the line in (Mic) from the computer to the headset jack on the phone. I turned up my speakers so I could hear it and used Windows Sound Recorder to save each one to a file on my computer.......

Happy Holidays!
    Can this be done on a Mac?

This is an easy way to transfer Android voicemails to a Macbook Pro
    1. Open up Quick Time
    2. Plug your phone in to your computer's microphone jack using an auxiliary (aka stereo, aka mini to mini) cable.
    3. In Quick Time, click on File in the toolbar, and click on New Audio Recording
    4. Adjust the sound volume to maximum, so you can hear the audio from your phone
    5. Start recording
    6. Dial into your voicemail
    7. As soon as you have everything you need from your voicemail, click the stop button in the Quick Time Audio Recording screen
    8. Save the file to the appropriate location
    9. You are done!