nexus at Bestbuy Future Returns Will Be Declined for 90 d

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This may be the wrong place for this post. Just a friendly heads up to the community. Best Buy has made a huge blunder with their new return policy. If you return 3 times you are flagged for no returns for 90 days. So forget if you are having issues with your phone or wish to exchange. Read the following thread at Best Buy for more info. Just a heads up. I was subject to this policy after returning a few DVDs then returning a phone. I was denied the ability to return for 90 days. So careful shopping there.

BBY - Future Returns Will Be Declined for 90 days - Best Buy: Unboxed

Reactions: stronggeek

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
As for phones I only buy from corporate stores. First thing vzw ask where did u buy it from. A lot less head ache if its from corporate. As for BB return policy its cover there azz to many folks abuse product returns.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
As for phones I only buy from corporate stores. First thing vzw ask where did u buy it from. A lot less head ache if its from corporate. As for BB return policy its cover there azz to many folks abuse product returns.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yeeeup. Corporate only here

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if its regional then. Im in the NW.

it may be a regional thing... my local Best Buy stores does ban returns for 90 days,
after a customer has returned 3 items. on the 91st day, you're allowed to return
3 more times.... then another 90 days kick in. Basically, you're allowed 12 returns
per year.

on the other hand, there are 4 people in my family... we now only buy stuff from
BestBuy with cash and if returns are absolutely needed, we use different IDs.
(for some strange reason, they accept any ID, even my local library card, which
only has my name & photo, plus the library card number on it)

on the other hand, this is kind of pointless... I have found everything at BestBuy
to be more expensive than online merchants such as Amazon and Newegg.
I only buy stuff from the local Best Buy when I need something immediately
or when the item is on sale(only if cheaper than Amazon or Newegg, factoring
in sales tax... which the online merchants don't charge)

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Some people return a lot. That's ridiculous. The only reason I return is if the thing I purchase does not work. I hate how people "rent" phones, that's ridiculous too, unless it's completely necessary. And returning 6 things in the last two or three weeks???!!! Wow.

End rant. But really, wow.

Reactions: simsrw73

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Its these kinds of policies that force me away from brick and morter stores and into the waiting arms of Amazon, Newegg and other online retailers.

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Its these kinds of policies that force me away from brick and morter stores and into the waiting arms of Amazon, Newegg and other online retailers.
Some of the online retailers will cut you off, too for excessive returns. The difference is that with the online retailers, if you pay shipping either way, you are less likely to return so it is not as much of an issue for them.

Last edited:

Halcyon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the GNX and plan on keeping it. I don’t rent phones nor do I repeatedly return them for minor issues. I returned 3 DVDs that were the wrong ones for Christmas and was going to pick up the nexus for the wife. I had an unopened Charge for her that I was denied return on even though they tout the worry free holiday return policy of until Jan 24th. Nowhere on the reciept does it state this policy. I’m just giving the community a heads up for those that may have various problems with their devices and seek to return. BB's policy really hampers all manner of consumers.

angermeans

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You've got to know trouble is coming when people start referring to their "rented" Bionic/Razr/etc.

They really shouldnt have done this in the first place. Its one thing if you buy a phone and then take advantage of the return period, but if you "rent" a phone and you know you will return it for another as soon as launch that is wrong and that is the reason we lose things like worry free guarentees. Just wait like the rest of us.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
They really shouldnt have done this in the first place. Its one thing if you buy a phone and then take advantage of the return period, but if you "rent" a phone and you know you will return it for another as soon as launch that is wrong and that is the reason we lose things like worry free guarentees. Just wait like the rest of us.

Best Buy will not count defective exchanges as one of the three retuns.

I have no problem with people wanting to "rent" phones or other electronics for a short while.

For phones, do it on VZW's website or visit one of their corporate stores.

For electronics, get it from the manufacturer's own website or showroom. For example,
if you want to test/rent the latest Sony TV just before Super Bowl, order it directly from
Sony's website.(if you have a Sony Store near you , go there instead) They are very
unlikely to give you problems.

I rarely return stuff anymore... it is such a hassle having to figure out how to pack everything
back into the box. :) Guess I'm just old now.... :(

jjcous

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow, people have returned 5 or 6 items in a month to one store. Why buy all the crap you didn't want in the first place. I couldn't imagine having that kind of time on my hands to waste shopping for crap I don't want/need at Best Buy, or anywhere else for that matter.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Some people return a lot. That's ridiculous. The only reason I return is if the thing I purchase does not work. I hate how people "rent" phones, that's ridiculous too, unless it's completely necessary. And returning 6 things in the last two or three weeks???!!! Wow.

End rant. But really, wow.

In my case I bought 10 Logitech Revues to eventually get 4 that had keyboards that worked properly. So, yes I return a lot but it was a manufacturing issue.

odranoel

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the GNX and plan on keeping it. I don?t rent phones nor do I repeatedly return them for minor issues. I returned 3 DVDs that were the wrong ones for Christmas and was going to pick up the nexus for the wife. I had an unopened Charge for her that I was denied return on even though they tout the worry free holiday return policy of until Jan 24th. Nowhere on the reciept does it state this policy. I?m just giving the community a heads up for those that may have various problems with their devices and seek to return. BB's policy really hampers all manner of consumers.

If I were in your situation, I would file a dispute with the credit card company, assuming you bought it with a credit card. But first, I would ask to speak to a manager, explain that this policy is not on the receipt, identify any pertinent return information that is listed on the receipt, and if that fails, let him know that you will call the CC company.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If I were in your situation, I would file a dispute with the credit card company, assuming you bought it with a credit card. But first, I would ask to speak to a manager, explain that this policy is not on the receipt, identify any pertinent return information that is listed on the receipt, and if that fails, let him know that you will call the CC company.

And then what? You would be sued for fraud by Best buy, because it wasn't a stolen card, and you were the one that purchased it. Your credit card company would also refuse to intervene.

EVERY single retailer has a policy like this. Its why your receipts always say 'we can deny your return or exchange for any reason' or some such thing as that. In some cases, managers can manually authorize it, but in most they have no pull whatsoever. At the store I'm a manager, if a return gets denied, we have no recourse or way to override it. Unfortunately, these policies are actually necessary. Companies save tens of millions of dollars every year that would have been lost due to fraudulent or too frequent returns. My region of my company alone saves over $10 million per QUARTER through returns management.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38