1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sideloading Kindle ebooks

First off, no, I am not pirating ebooks.

I got a free ebook, in Kindle format (.prc, NOT .mobi) from one of my favorite authors, and I am wondering if there's any way for me to sideload it. On my old DROID X, it was easy, as I could just go into \apps\kindle and then drag & drop it in, but this phone doesn't seem to have any equivalent.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default Re: Sideloading Kindle ebooks

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus Prime View Post
    First off, no, I am not pirating ebooks.

I got a free ebook, in Kindle format (.prc, NOT .mobi) from one of my favorite authors, and I am wondering if there's any way for me to sideload it. On my old DROID X, it was easy, as I could just go into \apps\kindle and then drag & drop it in, but this phone doesn't seem to have any equivalent.
    I haven't tried with .prc files but with .mobi, I can just use Astro to put it into the kindle folder under /mnt/sdcard/kindle and it automatically pops up under the kindle app. You probably need to have the Kindle app installed for the folder to pop up.

If it doesn't work with the .prc, you can use calibre to convert the container to a .mobi
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sideloading Kindle ebooks

No dice. I used Calibre to convert to .mobi and tried moving both the .prc and .mobi versions into the "kindle" folder was ASTRO, but it won't show up.

I also tried to convert to .epub and using Aldiko, but I can't seem to get that to work, either.