Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Step by step Light Flow instuctions

I know this is probably a dumb question, but do you have to have root access to make this work?

Quote Originally Posted by kashabrown View Post
    I know this is probably a dumb question, but do you have to have root access to make this work?
    I got mine working and I haven't rooted. Didn't work the first time though had to uninstall it and reinstall.

I started by only enabling one notification and experimenting with it until I fully understood their logic. Enabling multiple notifications and having something not work properly can make for some frustrating troubleshooting. Just do one at a time and see if that helps. The only anomaly I've noticed so far is that I'll get a flashing yellow notification when there is nothing to be notified of. I can't say if the notification is being generated by Light Flow or by the phone itself. Other than that, all notifications are working the way I have them setup.
    Android OG

ROM
    Stock (for now)

Go SMS has built in settings to change the color and blink rate of the LED notification. It also has a nicer UI than the stock Msg app. Lightflow, however offers the ability to customize color LED alerts for more than just Texts. It is able to customize colored alerts for Social Networking, Gmail, Calls, SMS, and a few others. Personally, I'm okay with just my sms messages lighting up a different color than my calls, and some have reported that Gmail and other programs don't show any LED notification.

same with me,. sometimes works, sometimes doesnt

I get phantom lights for some reason. It will show lights pulsing but when I wake the phone up there is no messages or emails....kinda weird.............anyone else have this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by playa1257 View Post
    I'm receiving double sound notifications. What am I doing wrong?
    I believe if you turn on sound notifications in LF and in the apps, you'll get double. I'm only using LF for the leds and not turning on sound in it. The sound from everything else still comes thru
    budmonster

Quote Originally Posted by FishPharm View Post
    I get phantom lights for some reason. It will show lights pulsing but when I wake the phone up there is no messages or emails....kinda weird.............anyone else have this problem.
    Same here. Once you install the app does it automatically start? I never even opened it, came back to my phone later and saw a pulsating pink light but there where no messages? Uninstalled for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It seems to me that the LED notification is much dimmer than that of the "stock" LED. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm considering this application, but I got scared off by the warning that it "takes over notifications" so that if you have an application not on the list supported by Light Flow, you will no longer receive notifications for that application. Is that true?

If I have a reminder app (just as an example) that Light Flow does not handle, which would normally make a sound, flash the LED, and have an icon in the notification section on the top of the screen, which of these events will still occur after Light Flow is installed?

What is this modified gmail app mentioned in the settings? I'd love to use different colors for different gmail contacts. Possible?

How do you set up light flow for htc evo design 4g i just dont kno how to do the Drive mode for it
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12