Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Step by step Light Flow instuctions

Does anyone have any?

I have searched all over and everyone says this app is the bees knees. But for the life of my I cannot get it to work with text messages. (It appears to be working with Gmail). It has to be something simple and I feel dumber than a sack of hammers right now.

I had Handcent and then read that someone had better luck with Go SMS pro so I removed Handcent in favor of the latter. I did buy the pro version of Light Flow as it appeared to have more granular control.

What I have checked:
    -Phone
    Display > Settings > Pulse Notification Light > Checked

-Light Flow Pro
    Enable Light Flow > Checked
    Direct Mode > Unchecked
    Run in Foreground > Checked
    (rest is stock)

-Go SMS Pro
    Notification Settings > Default Notification settings > LED settings > Blink LED > Checked

This should be it, right? I'm tempted to just wipe the whole phone and start over but I'm sure I am missing something...

Default Re: Step by step Light Flow instuctions

I can't seem to get it to work with charging.

I haven't downloaded this app at all, but I can't help but wonder, if the phone has the LED, and most of the apps it should work with have options for it, why doesn't it work by default? I figured, like most phones, it would light up while charging, but it didn't. It also doesn't light up when I get any notifications. So why is it that a separate app is needed to make it work?

Go into light flow > notifications > and scroll down to go SMS. Select it then choose the color and everything.
    ADD ME ON

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is a hard app to set up because there are soo many options

I had to email the developer a few times for help and he was kind enough to respond

...but let me tell you once you get it up and running correctly its amazzzzing!!

make sure when you go into notifications and you select something, for example SMS

you have both the entire notification checked on and the light notification for that particular notification checked on

there are a lot of other types of notifications other than light such as vibrate and sound, those have to be checked on/off individually like the light notification

How much of an effect does this app have on the battery?

I don't see why people think Light Flow is so hard to understand....if you spend more than five minutes looking and comprehending the settings, its easy to set up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    TreoDru, st0ic_1, JimmyDW2 and 2 others like this.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty straightforward.

Tasker, on the other hand, is the one that kills me...

Tasker is indeed an app that requires serious learning and understanding...but that is the boon that comes with an application that gives you incredible power over your phone. Light Flow is actually rather simple, just flexible. If it had less flexibility, people would complain that it has no practical use and is too dull

REITdude likes this.

I'm receiving double sound notifications. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    I can't seem to get it to work with charging.
    It has worked once or twice for me while charging, but there's no light the rest of the time.

Early on it seemed to be pretty hit or miss for every time of notification, but I think it's getting better.

ROM
    AOKP M5

I have mine set to be a solid yellowish light while charging and once completely charged moves to a solid green light. This app is awesome and there are so many options to chose from

So far, it appears that the LED will not light while the phone screen is active, even if it's dim, like while charging. Lightflow is a nice app though.

Haven't been able to really test it out, but am I the only one that had stability problems setting the app up? Every time I'd go into one of the notifications to edit the details, when I backed out, I'd get a blank screen, even if I backed to the main menu of the app then clicked "Notifications", it would still be blank. I'd have to back out of the app completely, then reopen it, in order to edit each one. About halfway through this process, my phone rebooted by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by playa1257 View Post
    I didn't do any sound/vibrate notifications in LightFlow...I controlled those from the actual application itself (ie gmail, sms, text, etc.). So LightFlow is literally ONLY doing the LED notification.

Quote Originally Posted by playa1257 View Post
    This happens to me randomly every once in awhile too. I get my notification sound with a peice of my ringtone thrown in with it. I also get sounds and ringtones randomly with no reason behind it. the phone will ring but there is no call or text. Happened 2 or 3 times so not a huge problem but it has to be the app doing it cause I never noticed it before I got Lightflow. It always happens when I am away from my phone so I have not actually been able to see what is on the screen when it happens. By the time I get to my phone or my girlfriend tells me it rang I unlock the screen to find nothing, no missed call or text.

I can try uninstalling and re-installing but haven't yet or maybe I missed a setting for an app that is alerting Lightflow but I don't have set to alert me on the phone itself or something?
    Galaxy Nexus!!! Finally Mine

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Haven't been able to really test it out, but am I the only one that had stability problems setting the app up? Every time I'd go into one of the notifications to edit the details, when I backed out, I'd get a blank screen, even if I backed to the main menu of the app then clicked "Notifications", it would still be blank. I'd have to back out of the app completely, then reopen it, in order to edit each one. About halfway through this process, my phone rebooted by itself.
    I noticed the app doing the same thing, myself. I just back completely out and re-launch, and things are fine. Never performed an unexpected reboot, however...

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

I got this today and it is working great, haven't played to much with the settings.

it says with root it can control the LED "s6e8aa0" is that the camera flash?

I may be stating the obvious for some...but...lightflow only lights up the LED when the screen is off.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by kaze06 View Post
    I don't see why people think Light Flow is so hard to understand....if you spend more than five minutes looking and comprehending the settings, its easy to set up.

Thanks for the tip!

I spent 6 minutes and it all became clear!

But seriously I unchecked everything I had checked - then rechecked it and lo and behold it works! Will it always take precedence over other apps? i.e. Can I turn notifications off in Go SMS Pro or do they need to stay on? Just curious for curiosity's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by CBCstillmatic View Post
    This happens to me randomly every once in awhile too. I get my notification sound with a peice of my ringtone thrown in with it. I also get sounds and ringtones randomly with no reason behind it. the phone will ring but there is no call or text. Happened 2 or 3 times so not a huge problem but it has to be the app doing it cause I never noticed it before I got Lightflow. It always happens when I am away from my phone so I have not actually been able to see what is on the screen when it happens. By the time I get to my phone or my girlfriend tells me it rang I unlock the screen to find nothing, no missed call or text.

I can try uninstalling and re-installing but haven't yet or maybe I missed a setting for an app that is alerting Lightflow but I don't have set to alert me on the phone itself or something?
    I disabled the app all together and the double notifications and phantom notifications stopped! I'm probably going to keep it off until the app is patched.

Sucks... cause I really liked how this app allowed me to make the phone vibrate longer. I was no longer missing notifications when the phone was in my pocket.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    You aren't the only one. I have the exact same symptoms. Can't get the charging notification to work and then have the black screen of death. I was mad because my last backup was many modifications ago. Fortunately, the screen came back up.

I have uninstalled and staying away until it becomes more stable on the Galaxy Nexus.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stanfna View Post
    I may be stating the obvious for some...but...lightflow only lights up the LED when the screen is off.
    This is the only thing that's disappointing to me. It would be perfect if it did work with the screen on.

That and I haven't gotten it to cycle the notifications like it claims to be able to do. Like when you have a text and an email. You have blue for text, red for email. And it will blink blue then red. I have all priorities set to 1, so idk why it just keeps blinking the latest notification.
    Droid Charge

for those of you getting double notifications:

go into the app you are getting double from (messaging, gmail, ...) and turn it's notification tone to silent, and vibrate to never.

you're getting double because messaging is giving a notification, and light flow is giving a notification at the same time.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,237 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HardCache View Post
    for those of you getting double notifications:

go into the app you are getting double from (messaging, gmail, ...) and turn it's notification tone to silent, and vibrate to never.

you're getting double because messaging is giving a notification, and light flow is giving a notification at the same time.
    this. i had the same problem until i realized it was doubling up when it tried to do 2 short vibrates combined with 2 medium ones and sounded weird
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast