Would it be worth it to switch to VZ from AT&T?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the iPhone 4s on launch day with AT&T and really like it. However, I miss Android and their large displays and all the customizable options it offers. Would it be worth it to switch from AT&T and give up my unlimited plan and move to Verizon? I am tempted by their 4GB $30/mo plan. It would be an individual line and the one thing that worries me is going over with data. I feel like they are not encouraging people to take advantage of their amazing LTE with capped plans. Anyway, with AT&T I am able to call any mobile and not use my minutes. My minutes also roll over. No one I talk to is on Verizon and I'm kind of a heavy talker so I'd probably zip right through my 450 minutes. The 900 minute plan is too much. AT&T coverage is pretty good here. My mom had Verizon years ago and the signal was fine so coverage wouldn't be an issue. Verizon also has LTE here whereas AT&T does not. I am also not a fan of CDMA technology as you can't do voice and data simultaneously and the slow data speeds. So in short, would it be worth it to move to what I hear is such a better network for the Galaxy Nexus?

What exactly does the Galaxy Nexus offer that the iPhone 4s does not? Seems like its all hype? Of course I'm probably wrong and hopefully someone can elaborate?

Thanks

Z Fury

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
You've listed too many advantages of staying with AT&T for me to recommend switching just for this phone. While I love the phone, I wouldn't abandon the situation you have with AT&T. So I'll just add my "+1" to the GSM model, or wait until the Nexus lands on AT&T early next year. Maybe by then some of these current issues will be ironed out, and you'll get a more polished product.

Also, you should be able to recoup some of that $700 cost by selling the iPhone.

Reactions: MattMJB0188

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
You guys have convinced me it would not be smart to move to Verizon. There will always be a better phone in the coming months.

Not to troll or anything but I've noticed this site tends to favorite CDMA and especially Verizon. Just wondering. Thanks to all those who replied.

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am also not a fan of CDMA technology as you can't do voice and data simultaneously and the slow data speeds.
This is only true for 3G. If you have LTE, then you can use both apparently.

What exactly does the Galaxy Nexus offer that the iPhone 4s does not?
This is easily determined, especially if you already have a 4S.

Anyway, from memory the GN has a faster processor, more memory, tighter Google services integration, bigger screen, (more) open architecture, LTE, increased customization, faster camera shutter speed, and is newer.

The 4S has a better camera and more accessories.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
This is only true for 3G. If you have LTE, then you can use both apparently.

Yes, but the change in speeds from LTE to EVDO will be painful. That's where I love HSPA+. Not to start up a GSM Vs. CDMA thread, I'm just saying.

Was unsure at first, but I am really glad I asked. Best of luck to all you happy Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners. May it bring you lots of joy. :D :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21