New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Jojje_c1: Can you send me a log (record it using aLogCat, available on the Market) of your sync process?

Btw, I think I found a solution to the problem with profile pictures not updating. Version 2.2 should fix that issue, can't believe I haven't thought of this earlier :D

karfam

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Lior Messer: Ooops, I overlooked that case during testing :D The next version will fix that issue.

karfam: I'm working on a way to implement your request, I can't tell you any details yet, though.

Thanks for the reply :) you honor the money spent for your application :)
If you want i have some ideas of how to implement this feature.
Do you want to pm you?

JollyRoger

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Question. Without scrolling through 27 pages of posts. Does HaxSync import ALL of your FB contacts? If so, i must be doing something wrong. It only joined my contacts I had stored on my previous phone to the proper FB accounts. I know I'm doing something wrong.

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Jojje_c1: thanks for the log, lets see if I can find anything suspicious...

karfam: It's already implemented now, I did it the same way HTC does it: I store <HTCData>-tags in the google contacts. (those should be compatible with HTC Sense, btw)

Version 2.2 will be released as soon as I get updated strings from my translators.

Changelog:
Contact links can now be saved (writes HTCData-tags into your Google Contacts)
Slightly improved face detection.
Fixed issue where some profile pictures wouldn't get updated
Fixed issue where HaxSync would forceclose in the People-App without network connection

Last edited:

kevinthom

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Facebook calendar and event data is showing up in my calendar even though I have unchecked all calendar options and disabled calendar syncing. I see that calendar is still being synced (latest sync date continues to be updated even though checkbox is unchecked).

I've gone into the settings for the calendar app and see the HaxSync calendar listed. It is unchecked. The HaxSync events are still showing.

How do I prevent FB calendar data from showing up in my calendar?

I'm using an Asus Transformer Prime with latest ICS ROM.

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I just uploaded the 2.2 apk to the market, should be live soon.

kevinthom: Try disabling both calendar and event sync in HaxSync's settings.

Lior Messer

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Tried it and it's working like a charm. Good job and thanks for the quick correcional.

Can you ellaborate on this HTCData option? What does it do? Is it only for HTC phones?

Enviado do meu GT-I9000B usando o Tapatalk

kevinthom

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
kevinthom: Try disabling both calendar and event sync in HaxSync's settings.

Thanks for the reply. That's the first thing I did. I have:

1. Disabled calendar and event sync
  2. Downloaded newest version of HaxSync from the market
  3. Cleared the cache and data for HaxSync
  4. Disabled HaxSync birthday calendar in ICS Calendar app

I've attached screenshots for your reference. As you can see, HaxSync birthday calendar is showing in my calendar even though I've disabled it everywhere I can find it.

My device is an Asus Transformer Prime with latest stock ICS ROM from Asus. It is not rooted. Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Hakimy

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
everything works great but I noticed something.the social API doesn't work everytime.what I mean is that it doesn't show any status or use the social API for some contacts.sometimes when I change roms and sync again,some contacts don't show any status even though the social API used to work with them(and sometimes it works after days or weeks).and it happens like this everytime I change roms.is there any way to force the social API on those contacts? especially the ones who it used to work with?it's because of this that I started to hate flashing roms cus it means that there will be few contacts who won't take advantage of the new social API and thus no status and I have to wait hoping oneday that it will work with them somehow :p

Reactions: pryanni

thunder2k

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm having issues synching my profile with Facebook. It doesn't match the "I" contact with my Facebook profile. Any advices?

Thanks

Bye

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
kevinthom: I think I have fixed the issue, but I'd like to test it on your device before releasing the fix publicly. Can you contact me via email?

thunder2k: Did you check 'Sync "Me"-Contact' in HaxSync's Contact Settings?

kashguy

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Haxsync keeps crashing when it tries to synch. No contacts have been synched. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times!

This program has so many problems from the get go....please fix!

kevinthom

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Haxsync keeps crashing when it tries to synch. No contacts have been synched. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times!

If you want help, you should probably provide some more information. What kind of device are you using? What version of Android and ROM are you running?

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like these issues are specific to your phone as the app works perfectly for me and many others. What set up are you running?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus