Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Default Re: New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

Quote Originally Posted by Sinergie View Post
    I have not setup a Google+ account on my phone, so that can't be what's happening in my case. There is no picture linked to my Gmail account either.
    Have you tried going in to the Me contact, removing the picture and then clicking save? When any of my contacts update their FB profile picture, I have to manually do this to get the contact to update with the new picture. Once I remove the picture, and back out of the contact, the new picture appears. Worth a try.

I deleted HaxSync from the Accounts & Sync list. I put it back when I realized all my contacts in the People section were gone. I added it back, synced and nothing. It didn't sync any of my FB contacts. I went in to settings and saw that the Only Sync Contacts box was still unchecked. For kicks and giggles I checked it off and went and the Additional Friends to Sync popped up. I clicked it and now it seems I choose all of them individually to sync to my phone. Is this the right way now?

When I first DL'ed HaxSync, all I had to do was uncheck sync Only Contacts, sync again and they were all there. I go into the People section, click Contacts to Display, click All Contacts and still I get nothing.

I'm on a 4.0.4 Nexus, completely stock.

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by MHBlink8 View Post
    Have you tried going in to the Me contact, removing the picture and then clicking save? When any of my contacts update their FB profile picture, I have to manually do this to get the contact to update with the new picture. Once I remove the picture, and back out of the contact, the new picture appears. Worth a try.
    I had looked in the "me" contact, but I didn't see an option to remove the current HaxSync profile picture?

Hi, I'm still not able to sync "me" contact. It is not linked to my Fb account. Any advices? I'm on cm9, always last nightly

Cheers

Hey,

Just bought and installed Haxsync on my new HTC One XL, followed instructions, installed and authorised etc. Did first sync and all looks to have gone OK except absolutely zero contacts or pictures from FB have synced over to the phone.
    Haxsync sync shows up under people app but there are just zero people synced form my FB account.
    Any thoughts?

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

I posted about Haxsync not allowing bluetooth access to contacts here:
    [ROM] Android Open Kang Project

Here is what I had to do to work around:
    [ROM] Android Open Kang Project

Just wanted to help ppl out just in case other expierenced the same issue.

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by coax_k View Post
    Hey,

Just bought and installed Haxsync on my new HTC One XL, followed instructions, installed and authorised etc. Did first sync and all looks to have gone OK except absolutely zero contacts or pictures from FB have synced over to the phone.
    Haxsync sync shows up under people app but there are just zero people synced form my FB account.
    Any thoughts?
    Really dont need this app for an Sense based phone. Sense will take care of syncing all the FB info to contacts. One thing I miss about my Rezound...
    Phone - HTC One / Galaxy S3 w/CM10
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

ROM
    Nexus MV/Matr1x Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by pheatton View Post
    Really dont need this app for an Sense based phone. Sense will take care of syncing all the FB info to contacts. One thing I miss about my Rezound...
    Sense 4.0 doesnt have fb for sense like Sense 1-3.6, there is nothing yet for ICS on any device including touchwiz and motoblur. I cant wait to get a new device to really see how awesome this app is.

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
    Sense 4.0 doesnt have fb for sense like Sense 1-3.6, there is nothing yet for ICS on any device including touchwiz and motoblur. I cant wait to get a new device to really see how awesome this app is.
    Interesting, I didn't know that. Well I imagine its only a matter of time before someone figures it out.
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by pheatton View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know that. Well I imagine its only a matter of time before someone figures it out.
    Is anyone else still having problems with this app syncing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Im not having issues with it syncng really just that I get random permission messages in the status bar sometimes...
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

ROM
    Stock ICS

@motsrox

Could you please look into "Fixed bug where "Me"-Contact wouldn't get updated", because it doesn't seem fixed. Everytime I sync my old profile picture is being kept () and when I go into my profile and select edit, it shows the new profile picture (). Somehow it doesn't replace the old profile picture?

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

having problems syncing. i've noticed in the people app, some people have a "connections" section where haxsync appears while most dont. Some in particular dont have this "connections" with haxsync and the fb names and my contact names are exactly the same so its not a pairing issue.

Even the ones with the "connections" never show the fb status and I know that is checked.

cleared cache and data have done nothing.

I recently upgraded to a HTC Sense 4 lite ROM. Using the default People app, contact picture is still using a low-res version (I removed picture from Google contact already). But if I edit the contact, re-select again the HaxSync picture and hit save, then it seems to be able to load the high-res picture again. But I have to do this for every contact.

Anyone else using Sense 4 / 4 lite has this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by itandy View Post
    I recently upgraded to a HTC Sense 4 lite ROM. Using the default People app, contact picture is still using a low-res version (I removed picture from Google contact already). But if I edit the contact, re-select again the HaxSync picture and hit save, then it seems to be able to load the high-res picture again. But I have to do this for every contact.

Anyone else using Sense 4 / 4 lite has this issue?
    Not in this particular Rom but on my sensation running insertcoin I'm having the exact same issue sense doesn't allow haxsync to be used as a default contact picture.

Sent from my Sensation Z710e using Android Central Forums

I followed all the instructions, allowed app to authorize and it shows up correctly in accounts, but it doesn't pull any info from fb on my contacts. Tried every combo of deleting. Seems like other people are having these issues on new roms. I'm on complex black ROM

ROM
    Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Sinergie View Post
    @motsrox

Could you please look into "Fixed bug where "Me"-Contact wouldn't get updated", because it doesn't seem fixed. Everytime I sync my old profile picture is being kept () and when I go into my profile and select edit, it shows the new profile picture (). Somehow it doesn't replace the old profile picture?
    Seems like the latest update to version 2.3.5 fixed this issue, because after the update and syncing, my "Me" profile picture finally changed

Great job

Quote Originally Posted by itandy View Post
    Latest version fixed this problem too! Great job!

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Yep the most recent update seems to have fixed the issues. My issue was poor quality pics on all contacts and that's good now.
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

Some of my friends had just changed their photo in Facebook. HaxSync can show their new pictures but in low-res. Need to manually edit the contact and save to show high-res photo. Appreciated if it can be fixed too. I'm using Sense 4a ROM.

I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM with 4.0.4 build IMM76I and HaxSync 2.3.5c.
    Since the last HaxSync update, every time that It tries to synchronize
    it gives me the following error: "invalid response from facebook"
    Then, I touch on the HaxSync message "Touch to give permissions" in
    Android notification area and nothing happens.
    Please, what should I do to fix this issue?

thanks in advance,
    Roger
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

how can I manually link a contact on my phone to their Facebook profile?

for example 2 people on my contact list it didn't sync with their profile and for one person it linked to wrong profile... how can I manually fix the links?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMarioVT View Post
    how can I manually link a contact on my phone to their Facebook profile?

for example 2 people on my contact list it didn't sync with their profile and for one person it linked to wrong profile... how can I manually fix the links?

Thank you
    For me I have to totally disable Fuzziness. Otherwise, there'll be too many mismatch. For your problem, just remove the link in Android contact list and join them again manually. (I forgot the exact terms because I'm now using Sense ROM which is a bit different)

Recent update has broken the app for me. When the phone is rebooted the app isn't loaded. It actually disappears from Accounts in Settings. Reviews on Google Play have also stated this problem.

Last edited by stimr2; 07-12-2012 at 01:32 PM.

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by RogerSilva View Post
    I have a Galaxy Nexus GSM with 4.0.4 build IMM76I and HaxSync 2.3.5c.
    Since the last HaxSync update, every time that It tries to synchronize
    it gives me the following error: "invalid response from facebook"
    Then, I touch on the HaxSync message "Touch to give permissions" in
    Android notification area and nothing happens.
    Please, what should I do to fix this issue?

thanks in advance,
    Roger

Same issue every now and then. It went away for awhile and now its back...
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516 LastLast