Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

I downloaded the app.... and it works great! EXCEPT.... my contacts only downloaded up to the letter "L" in my facebook contacts?? Anyone have a solution? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, my battery is getting DESTROYED by Hax Sync! Don't get me wrong, I love the app, but it should have a setting to only sync on wifi or once a day or something.

I understand that it syncs so often so it can retrieve the most up-to-date statuses of our conctacts, but it is 11% of my battery drain.

I unchecked it's syncing ability to save battery. Doing this won't delete the pictures it's already synced, right? That would only happen if I deleted the app all-together.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

weird ... I have not had any issues with battery draining. Hopefully motsrox can figure it out.

Also I wonder if the problem with syncing to a certain letter is a timeout issue? Especially for those with a lot of contacts.

Default Re: New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing

Quote Originally Posted by motsrox View Post
    Hey, I'm the dev of this app. Since xda's mods closed my thread for not having 100+ posts, I will try to answer your questions here.

tidusmccoy1515: That problem was most likely caused by one of your friends having a contact picture larger than 1mb, which broke my sync function. Have you tried version 1.1.1? Does that fix things for you?

Rickgsx: There is no "App" for you to find, you have a new sync-provider in Android System Settings=> Accounts and sync.

Does anyone have feedback/feature suggestions for me?
    It only sync'd to the "H" contacts for me. Only have about 600 fb contacts. I was on wifi when trying to sync
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Well to see if it was one of the items draining my battery, I have disabled sync for this app.

as for suggestions, perhaps the ability for the user to define the sync schedule? hours, days, possibly weeks?

Chalk me up as another fan of the app, but that is having serious battery drain issues since installing. It appears to be using better than 5% of my battery.

Is there a way to limit it's usage? I'm interested in helping test, if need be. PM if you want me to try something.

I like the app a lot and appreciate the work the dev has put into it.
    Dan
    Droid MAXX -- stock/rooted
    2012 Nexus 7 -- stock/rooted

Hey, I'm currently trying to fix the problem with HaxSync not syncing all contacts. Could someone who has that bug record a log of HaxSync trying to sync using CatDroid (available on the market) and mail it to simply.mots [at] gmail dot com? Thanks in advance!

This bug has the highest priority right now, after I've fixed that, I'll try to limit data/CPU usage.
    Thanked by 3:
    SuperChargedJ likes this.

after i allow it access to facebook in the browser looking portion and i grant it access, it just reloads that white page and does nothing. I thought then was the time to go Accounts and Sync but when i get there i dont see any account syncing options

Request for the app: An app icon that will launch the settings to allow changes to an update schedule for how often we want the pictures to resync

Version 1.2 is now released, it allows setting the sync interval and has a more efficient syncing method that might fix sync issues.

lakedubvt, lilnate: Can you send me logs (recorded via CatLog) to simply.mots [a] gmail dot com, so I can fix your issues?
    Last edited by motsrox; 12-23-2011 at 02:54 PM.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Great!

1.2.5 is out! I've added an "Wifi Only"-Option, should help save 3G-data
    Thanked by:
    HES 

Where is the option to sync only the contacts on your phone I dont want everyone in my fb to have a contact in my phone

My pics are all still lo Res?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Version 1.2 is now released, it allows setting the sync interval and has a more efficient syncing method that might fix sync issues.

lakedubvt, lilnate: Can you send me logs (recorded via CatLog) to simply.mots [a] gmail dot com, so I can fix your issues?
    The new update has fixed my issue, now syncing all contacts looks great Thanks!

I think some of us would be more interested in a feature for only syncing contacts while the phone is plugged in, although the wifi only option is nice too!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #66  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    My pics are all still lo Res?

Do you have friendcaster installed? or some other program that grabs data from Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by 2000army View Post
    Do you have friendcaster installed? or some other program that grabs data from Facebook?
    I don't have friend caster installed. Nor any other that grabs pics. Will recheck

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Why is it for me that the updates don't appear for the contact. The pic syncs, but that is it. Under connections for the person is just says Haxsync > View Profile. The pictures in the market for Haxsync seem to suggest there FB entries will appear on the user page in the people app. Am I missing something?

Version 1.4 is out! I've added an (optional) to crop the contact pictures to squares. It uses face detection to determine the best cropping area, I'd like to get some feedback on how well that works for people.

@rldev: Do all your contacts lack status updates? It's normal for some to lack them, as not all people allow Apps to access their status updates and I can't do anything if I don't get any data from the API.

@ratchetjaw: The maximum resolution for contact pictures in Android is 256x256 pixels (don't ask me why). If an app tries to save contact pictures in a higher resolution, it automatically downsizes them to that resolution. My app tries to save them in the resolution provided by Facebook, but Android sizes them down. There's nothing I can do about that either, but as soon as Google changes that limit, my app will automatically give you better quality images. The images should still be higher-res than the ones by Google Contacts, by the way, which has a limit of 96x96 pixels.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Version 1.4 is out! I've added an (optional) to crop the contact pictures to squares. It uses face detection to determine the best cropping area, I'd like to get some feedback on how well that works for people.

@rldev: Do all your contacts lack status updates? It's normal for some to lack them, as not all people allow Apps to access their status updates and I can't do anything if I don't get any data from the API.

@ratchetjaw: The maximum resolution for contact pictures in Android is 256x256 pixels (don't ask me why). If an app tries to save contact pictures in a higher resolution, it automatically downsizes them to that resolution. My app tries to save them in the resolution provided by Facebook, but Android sizes them down. There's nothing I can do about that either, but as soon as Google changes that limit, my app will automatically give you better quality images. The images should still be higher-res than the ones by Google Contacts, by the way, which has a limit of 96x96 pixels.
    I installed the update. But, now it doesn't seem to be syncing with fb anymore.

@PaulDroidR2D2: It doesn't sync at all? What happens if you press "sync now"?

So the first time it ran I did not select the option to sync existing contacts only. Now I have tons of people in my contacts who do not need to be there. Is there a faster way to delete all Haxsync contacts than going through each one individually so I can then select the option to sync existing contacts only.

Quote Originally Posted by zstern23 View Post
    So the first time it ran I did not select the option to sync existing contacts only. Now I have tons of people in my contacts who do not need to be there. Is there a faster way to delete all Haxsync contacts than going through each one individually so I can then select the option to sync existing contacts only.
    Go to my accounts and delete the haxsync account then add it back with the options you want

i have a problem of not being able to sync more than 40 contacts... the last photo i get in my contacts is for Anthony. I have sent a log file to your email under the name Jonathan.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of the experts can answer...

I've tried Haxsync and some of the updates several times and I am still unable to sync all the names and pictures correctly... I think I know and I have own personal workaround. I think part of the reason for me is that I have names in facebook that are different in my phone.... ie. Nicknames, married names, short names, "Kathy as opposed to Katherne" etc...and I think that is part of the problem for me.

My workaround to this is to, bypass any and all facebook sync tools (for pictures) and make and crop their image and add it to thier contact name. Yes, I do know their images wont be in sync with their images on FB if they change it, but I'm okay with that.

My intention is to take a screenshot of their picture...Crop it to just their face and add it to their contact. So here is where I need your help in answering a few questions...
    - Where are the pictures stored once they are added to the contact.. I was not able to find this location
    - If I delete the original picture (The one taken before I crop and added it to the contact list), will the newly added picture in the persons contact also be deleted or is the croped image imbedded somewhere..
    - I am "assuming" the size of the file in the croped picture in the persons contact is just that, "the size of the croped picture" and NOT the file size of the entire picture before it was cropped...
    - I'm also assuming that if I back up my contact list (via a software applicatlion) that I will be able to restore them with the pictures attached.
    - If worse comes the worse, I can always crop & resize the pictures offline and copy them to a Facebook contact folder on the phone..

Thoughts on my ideas...? Thanks guys...
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast