Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

ROM
    Unrooted Stock

Default Re: New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

so guys dumb question... do i need to have facebook installed on the phone for this to work? or will it just sync my contacts with my facebook account without the need of facebook app?

thanks!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by haigdaniel View Post
    so guys dumb question... do i need to have facebook installed on the phone for this to work? or will it just sync my contacts with my facebook account without the need of facebook app?

thanks!
    not dumb at all.
    I don't think you do.
    It asks you if you will allow it permission to access your FB account in general when setting this app up.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by marcogiudice79 View Post
    I got any easier way to sync facebook contacts to your contacts list, but it won't be hi res but at least there well be a face next to there name .. Grab it well you can cuz this app has been removed back in the droid og days. Ok enough talking here it is
    http://db.tt/5F6Kk9JL

Btw it's called facebook sync
    I think posting APk's that are not in the market violate AC's TOS. Not sure.
    Last edited by tony bag o donuts; 12-30-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: grammar

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

I found this app used a ton of battery. I synced up my contacts then took it off auto sync, maybe I'll put it back on auto sync periodically. I wish they had an option to sync only on the charger.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mozy View Post
    I found this app used a ton of battery. I synced up my contacts then took it off auto sync, maybe I'll put it back on auto sync periodically. I wish they had an option to sync only on the charger.
    It used to have that option but then the dev got rid of it because it wasn't working properly. I'm sure it'll be back, though. I just keep it unchecked and every day or so I'll just have it sync when I'm on wifi.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

thanks!
    As per the instructions - yes.

HaxSync allows you to sync your Facebook friends with your Android 4.0 device! This gives you an experience similar to the Google+ one, complete with status-updates and high-resolution contact images in the People App!

How to use:
    1.) Install official Facebook App.
    2.) Go to System Settings => Accounts & Sync (Android Settings, not Facebook App Settings).
    3.) Click "Add Account" => HaxSync.
    4.) Click "Authorize HaxSync".
    5.) Confirm Authorization
    6.) Wait for HaxSync to finish syncing.
    7.) You should now see your Facebook contacts in the Android "People"-App.

If you have problems/suggestions, please post here instead of giving a bad rating (I can't answer your market ratings, so I can't help you with your problem): New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

ROM
    Unrooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    So will it only sync the previously linked facebook contacts? or bring in all my facebook friends to the people app? i would prefer not having 400 facebook friends in my contacts, just want the current contacts pictures synced
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

So will it only sync the previously linked facebook contacts? or bring in all my facebook friends to the people app? i would prefer not having 400 facebook friends in my contacts, just want the current contacts pictures synced
    you have the option.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    Really?
    When I ran the installation it actually opened to a web browser and went from there.

Installed app, which then opened the browser to link FB (this was before I had the app installed)
    Then I followed the rest below.
    2.) Go to System Settings => Accounts & Sync (Android Settings, not Facebook App Settings).
    3.) Click "Add Account" => HaxSync.
    4.) Click "Authorize HaxSync".
    5.) Confirm Authorization
    6.) Wait for HaxSync to finish syncing.
    7.) You should now see your Facebook contacts in the Android "People"-App.
    Last edited by tony bag o donuts; 12-30-2011 at 01:19 PM. Reason: added how it worked for me.

So is this ever going to be integrated in ICS? I seem to remember contact picture syncing wasn't a problem on my OG, and was pretty shocked to see it isn't in ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by the block View Post
    So is this ever going to be integrated in ICS? I seem to remember contact picture syncing wasn't a problem on my OG, and was pretty shocked to see it isn't in ICS.
    They basically disabled the API that Facebook was using due to the fact that they're competitors now. When the OG came out, they weren't yet competitors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycemiskel View Post
    They basically disabled the API that Facebook was using due to the fact that they're competitors now. When the OG came out, they weren't yet competitors.

I find it interesting that they are competitors with Facebook but aren't competitors with Twitter. Google has to know that there are more people using Facebook than Google+. I say they update the phone to allow us to sync our Facebook contacts but if Google+ is able to take the lead when it comes to the social media battle then disable the Facebook integration. Either do it that way or disable the Twitter integration as well.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

You sure thats the reason? Never had an issue with the incredible. I thought the resolution wasbthebissue.

so is this "permanent"?

Quote Originally Posted by the block View Post
    so is this "permanent"?
    Until Facebook updates their app.

I've bought and installed this app without problems. It synchronizes just fine, but isn't it suppose to synchronize phone numbers as well?

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    You sure thats the reason? Never had an issue with the incredible. I thought the resolution wasbthebissue.
    Were you running sense? Manufacturers still have that functionality built into their skins and I believe Google didn't disable it until 2.3. Basically, Facebook was the only one allowed to use that API, but once it was disabled it seems Facebook didn't bother to use a different API like the one Twitter and other apps use. I'll see if I can find the article I read about this.
    Also, to the guy above me, it doesn't sync phone numbers. Just pictures and status updates.
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/22/g...nexus/?m=false
    Last edited by Jaycemiskel; 12-31-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Were you running sense? Manufacturers still have that functionality built into their skins and I believe Google didn't disable it until 2.3. Basically, Facebook was the only one allowed to use that API, but once it was disabled it seems Facebook didn't bother to use a different API like the one Twitter and other apps use. I'll see if I can find the article I read about this.
    Also, to the guy above me, it doesn't sync phone numbers. Just pictures and status updates.
    Google disables contact sync in Facebook for Android, but only Nexus S for now -- Engadget
    Yes but then rooted and got rid of sense.

Yes but then rooted and got rid of sense.
    Oh OK, well with 2.3.3 it was removed. Hopefully Facebook will just change the way it works so it can sync with contacts like Twitter does. Until then, this app works great for me.

I downloaded... it seems to sync ok, but the "UPDATES" section in the People App only shows a single update per person. And it's usually a very old update. For many contacts, no updates show (only Google+ updates).

If the user has NO Google+ profile, but does have the HaxSync FB profile, the "UPDATES" section does not show AT ALL.

Seems like it's very buggy right now.

best,
    tz

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzed View Post
    I downloaded... it seems to sync ok, but the "UPDATES" section in the People App only shows a single update per person. And it's usually a very old update. For many contacts, no updates show (only Google+ updates).

If the user has NO Google+ profile, but does have the HaxSync FB profile, the "UPDATES" section does not show AT ALL.

Seems like it's very buggy right now.

best,
    tz
    If you set it up to only sync once a day then the updates will usually be at least a day old.

Posting here instead of leaving a review.
    The app doesn't sync all of my friends.

Any help will be appreciated! You can contact me at mrgooch22 [at] gmail.com
    Thanks!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

welcome to Android Central.
    where does it stop?
    are your friends using high res images?
    If they are low res to begin with this won't upsize them.

welcome to Android Central.
    where does it stop?
    are your friends using high res images?
    If they are low res to begin with this won't upsize them.
    Thanks!

It doesn't stop anywhere specific, its just that some contacts that are on my Facebook account don't show up through Hax. Yes, their photos are high res.

I love it. It's working great. Two feature requests:

1. Allow to sync only existing contacts (don't pull all FB contacts, just ones w/ existing google contact matching)

2. Allow to sync only specific friend lists from FB.

Thanks!

UPDATE -- I see the options for 1. Would still love 2!
    Last edited by mep321; 01-02-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast