New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

lakedubvt

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.2 is now released, it allows setting the sync interval and has a more efficient syncing method that might fix sync issues.

lakedubvt, lilnate: Can you send me logs (recorded via CatLog) to simply.mots [a] gmail dot com, so I can fix your issues?

The new update has fixed my issue, now syncing all contacts looks great Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jdmaxima89

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I think some of us would be more interested in a feature for only syncing contacts while the phone is plugged in, although the wifi only option is nice too!

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why is it for me that the updates don't appear for the contact. The pic syncs, but that is it. Under connections for the person is just says Haxsync > View Profile. The pictures in the market for Haxsync seem to suggest there FB entries will appear on the user page in the people app. Am I missing something?

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.4 is out! I've added an (optional) to crop the contact pictures to squares. It uses face detection to determine the best cropping area, I'd like to get some feedback on how well that works for people.

@rldev: Do all your contacts lack status updates? It's normal for some to lack them, as not all people allow Apps to access their status updates and I can't do anything if I don't get any data from the API.

@ratchetjaw: The maximum resolution for contact pictures in Android is 256x256 pixels (don't ask me why). If an app tries to save contact pictures in a higher resolution, it automatically downsizes them to that resolution. My app tries to save them in the resolution provided by Facebook, but Android sizes them down. There's nothing I can do about that either, but as soon as Google changes that limit, my app will automatically give you better quality images. The images should still be higher-res than the ones by Google Contacts, by the way, which has a limit of 96x96 pixels.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Version 1.4 is out! I've added an (optional) to crop the contact pictures to squares. It uses face detection to determine the best cropping area, I'd like to get some feedback on how well that works for people.

@rldev: Do all your contacts lack status updates? It's normal for some to lack them, as not all people allow Apps to access their status updates and I can't do anything if I don't get any data from the API.

@ratchetjaw: The maximum resolution for contact pictures in Android is 256x256 pixels (don't ask me why). If an app tries to save contact pictures in a higher resolution, it automatically downsizes them to that resolution. My app tries to save them in the resolution provided by Facebook, but Android sizes them down. There's nothing I can do about that either, but as soon as Google changes that limit, my app will automatically give you better quality images. The images should still be higher-res than the ones by Google Contacts, by the way, which has a limit of 96x96 pixels.

I installed the update. But, now it doesn't seem to be syncing with fb anymore.

zstern23

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
So the first time it ran I did not select the option to sync existing contacts only. Now I have tons of people in my contacts who do not need to be there. Is there a faster way to delete all Haxsync contacts than going through each one individually so I can then select the option to sync existing contacts only.

lakedubvt

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
So the first time it ran I did not select the option to sync existing contacts only. Now I have tons of people in my contacts who do not need to be there. Is there a faster way to delete all Haxsync contacts than going through each one individually so I can then select the option to sync existing contacts only.

Go to my accounts and delete the haxsync account then add it back with the options you want

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

oatium

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
i have a problem of not being able to sync more than 40 contacts... the last photo i get in my contacts is for Anthony. I have sent a log file to your email under the name Jonathan.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I have a few questions that I'm hoping some of the experts can answer...

I've tried Haxsync and some of the updates several times and I am still unable to sync all the names and pictures correctly... I think I know and I have own personal workaround. I think part of the reason for me is that I have names in facebook that are different in my phone.... ie. Nicknames, married names, short names, "Kathy as opposed to Katherne" etc...and I think that is part of the problem for me.

My workaround to this is to, bypass any and all facebook sync tools (for pictures) and make and crop their image and add it to thier contact name. Yes, I do know their images wont be in sync with their images on FB if they change it, but I'm okay with that.

My intention is to take a screenshot of their picture...Crop it to just their face and add it to their contact. So here is where I need your help in answering a few questions...
- Where are the pictures stored once they are added to the contact.. I was not able to find this location
- If I delete the original picture (The one taken before I crop and added it to the contact list), will the newly added picture in the persons contact also be deleted or is the croped image imbedded somewhere..
- I am "assuming" the size of the file in the croped picture in the persons contact is just that, "the size of the croped picture" and NOT the file size of the entire picture before it was cropped...
- I'm also assuming that if I back up my contact list (via a software applicatlion) that I will be able to restore them with the pictures attached.
- If worse comes the worse, I can always crop & resize the pictures offline and copy them to a Facebook contact folder on the phone..

Thoughts on my ideas...? Thanks guys...

klou

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Good for u... i bought this app and it only syncs 40 of my contacts... the developer is not giving me any feed back... and its too late to get a refund...

Are you matching just existing contacts? Because if you are, the names in your phone have to exactly match their fb names. Also have you tried resyncing?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you matching just existing contacts? Because if you are, the names in your phone have to exactly match their fb names. Also have you tried resyncing?

Yes for me and nothing different then free apps out there. Syncmypix at least scans your entire address book. I timed my refund window. Ten minutes and it said refund non longer an option. Not happy.

Why is app in market but not on appbrain?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol