Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default people not hearing you speak while on the phone

Has anyone been using the phone and speaking with someone and all of a sudden they couldn't hear you but you could hear them? This has happened to me on a few occasions. The only way I could get this fixed was to power the phone off and back on. Anyone else going through this?
    @workMakin$

ROM
    AOKP JB / Franco

Default Re: people not hearing you speak while on the phone

I posted the same problem on launch day and for me it was a simple problem and related to how I was holding the phone. My old OG had the mic on the front of the phone while the gNex is on the bottom. I found that I was covering the mic with my pinky when talking to someone. May not be your problem but worth reviewing how you hold the phone.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by mclardass View Post
    I posted the same problem on launch day and for me it was a simple problem and related to how I was holding the phone. My old OG had the mic on the front of the phone while the gNex is on the bottom. I found that I was covering the mic with my pinky when talking to someone. May not be your problem but worth reviewing how you hold the phone.
    Good catch! Same thing happened to a buddy of mine, when we were playing with the Nexus. I wanted to hear what my phone sounded like to someone else, and we swapped phones. He walked around the corner to talk to me on the Nexus, and he started getting muffled. When I told him to return with my phone, lo and behold, he walked around the corner with his mitt wrapped around the bottom of the phone (covering the mic).

Too funny, and good catch, btw! I totally forgot about that incident until I just read this (missed your earlier post, obviously)...

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I had it happen the other day too. Hung up, called back, and had no issues. Worst part was, I was on the phone with a police dispatcher...

Doesn't seem to have happened again, though I honestly don't make that many phone calls on it...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That is interesting...the problem that I am having though is that I am using my bluetooth when I am speaking on the phone. I had my bluetooth hooked up to my old phone and it worked just fine. I also had this happen without the bluetooth either. Lastly, I was on speakerphone and people still couldn't hear me speak...
    @workMakin$