Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Reply All in Text Messages?

Verizon Messages works for me, but it is god awful ugly... is there no other app that can do this?

ROM
    AOKP M5

Quote Originally Posted by oresteez View Post
    I think this is an ICS issue also.

I used to be able to do it on my Droid Incredible.
    I could even look at the properties of the message and see everyone who was included on the message.

I can't do either of those things on the Nexus now....
    How can we get this on Google's radar to fix this?
    You can view details of the message. When in the message thread, long press and hit view details

Since people are replying that "X HTC" phone and "Y Motorola" phone were able do this I'm guessing it's additional functionality that was added in the Sense and Blur skins. Maybe there is some sort of patenting issue which prevents Google from including this function natively? I was running a vanilla ROM on my DroidX (using the vanilla SMS app) and wasn't able to reply all in a mass text. I can't remember what it was like with my OG Droid, but I'm guessing I couldn't do it then either.

One way or the other, you can't control what people send to you, only how you reply back. I'll take a look at the VZW app, but add me to the list of people who would like to see mass texts threaded in the native AOSP app.
    playa1257 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobaroo View Post
    You can view details of the message. When in the message thread, long press and hit view details
    Yep, you can view the details..
    But it doesn't tell you who the text was sent to.
    If it was a mass text, I would have been able to figure that out on my last phone. Now I can't.
    (and in turn, reply to all..)

If it was a mass text, I would have been able to figure that out on my last phone. Now I can't.

Yup -- I can't reply all. Has anyone figured out how? My friends with their iphones are laughing at me because I can't reply all to their MMS messages. I keep telling them it's probably just a setting but here I am on the forum trying to find an answer and it seems there is none.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

group.me is what you want to use for this.
    SMS/MMS doesn't track original recipients, so it's not even a possibility.

Question... can iPhones and BB group text each other?

If not, I'm guessing that this isn't an SMS/MMS issue, but rather more like a difference in apps (with the understanding that those apps are built in on the other phones)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ROM
    stock for now

i long pressed a text that i knew was a mass text...went to details...lo and behold it showed me all the phone numbers the text was sent to. so yeah it tells you who it was sent to.....

edit: i guess it was only for a mms

Quote Originally Posted by atlharry View Post
    Question... can iPhones and BB group text each other?

If not, I'm guessing that this isn't an SMS/MMS issue, but rather more like a difference in apps (with the understanding that those apps are built in on the other phones)

Yes read post #17.

Him and his friends had bb's and they got iPhones and he was able to post in a chat room sort of style.

Other members with different types of android devices can make it work too....

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by playa1257 View Post
    Verizon Messages works for me, but it is god awful ugly... is there no other app that can do this?

I keep getting SDK initialization error with it. Are you on custom rom or stock OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobaroo View Post
    Now they all got iphones and me the gnex and communication is a pain.
    CynicX -

Where in that message do you see a mixture of BB and iPhone? Now let someone with first hand experience answer.

The other android phones also have "apps" that allow this.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Hey everyone I downloaded the Verizon app and its exactly what I was looking for group text works perfectly and keeps all texts in one thread if this has been a problem for you I definitely recommend this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jmart8684 View Post
    I keep getting SDK initialization error with it. Are you on custom rom or stock OS?
    I am using stock OS

Quote Originally Posted by scis8 View Post
    Hey everyone I downloaded the Verizon app and its exactly what I was looking for group text works perfectly and keeps all texts in one thread if this has been a problem for you I definitely recommend this app.
    I am glad this works for you, but I am unable to use this app because it makes me want to vomit, that is how ugly it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeeverything View Post
    Yup -- I can't reply all. Has anyone figured out how? My friends with their iphones are laughing at me because I can't reply all to their MMS messages. I keep telling them it's probably just a setting but here I am on the forum trying to find an answer and it seems there is none.
    Just show them how you can change your wallpaper, or let pandora play in the background while you check your email. Or how you can wipe and sync your device from the cloud, no computer needed.

Quote Originally Posted by rlb81 View Post
    Just show them how you can change your wallpaper, or let pandora play in the background while you check your email. Or how you can wipe and sync your device from the cloud, no computer needed.
    Is this a joke?
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

It is ugly but it does the job.

ROM
    AOKP M5

I've just downloaded the VZW message app, I will test it out. It is extremely ugly though

Quote Originally Posted by atlharry View Post
    CynicX -

Where in that message do you see a mixture of BB and iPhone? Now let someone with first hand experience answer.

The other android phones also have "apps" that allow this.

Read the whole post. We all had BB's, more slowly moved to iPhone, I got a GNex. Doesn't change the point that the sms app for both BB and Iphone group texts while android does not

The "Verizon Messages" app works great. Its not pretty, but at least we'll be able to group text until ICS fixes it! If you haven't tried the app yet, I highly recommend it! Its actually a cool app:

Im having this exact same problem, but I have a gsm nexus so the market says not supported by my carrier, any chance an apk of this working on my gsm nexus? One can hope!

I tried downloading the verizon messages app but it would not let me. It says that my device is not compatible with it. Any other apps that can do this group texting?

yes..all of the blackberry devices are able to reply all...actually the best phone for group messages...
    i love the samsung skyrocket ..but from what ive notice on all the samsung android devices. currently..do not offer the option which is a pain in the behind

Smile Re: Reply All in Text Messages?

Quote Originally Posted by chadrocks777 View Post
    The "Verizon Messages" app works great. Its not pretty, but at least we'll be able to group text until ICS fixes it! If you haven't tried the app yet, I highly recommend it! Its actually a cool app:

You my friend, just saved my life right here!!!!!!!! I was about to go and exchange my Nexus with iPhone 4S. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by chadrocks777 View Post

Wow!!! Totally didn't realize that this got updated a week ago with Galaxy Nexus Support!!! Finally can get proper Group MMS instead of the terrible stock messaging app that didn't support receiving group MMS!
    Thanked by:
    lakaw 
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,604 Global Posts

Does anyone use group me?

Yes Groupme works great if you are the first to send a group message. But if you are receiving a group message first you would have to start a whole new message with the recipients in groupme. Also has anyone found out how to do reply all with Sprint/AT&T???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast