Reply All in Text Messages?

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone is there anyway to reply all to mass texts??? Everytime i get a text that has been sent to multiple people I do not have the option to reply all its very annoying! When my friends reply to the text it also goes to my conversation thread with them instead of with the original message any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. By the way I am coming from a blackberry where i could reply all so this is new to me.

Thanks,

atlharry

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you normally see other recipients when using SMS? Even if an SMS client allows you to send to multiple recipients, they are treated as single messages when they go out.

I don't even remember being able to do that with blackberries. To be fair, it HAS been awhile since I had one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Reply All in Text Messages?????

Yes i was always able to reply all with my blackberry i have a group of six guys and we always have a thread going most of them have I phones and the covo comes up as one thread for them but when they reply to all i have on thread going on with each of them when i long press on one of their responses and i see all the other #'s the text went to but there is no option to reply all...

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

I want to keep this thread alive because I'm curious if there is a way to do this.

I have about 20 friends with iPhones and at least once a week there is a large conversation. I have an iPhone from work and its great being able to reply all and have a group conversation. I want to switch to the GN but this has always been a deal breaker for me.

Maybe there is an app or something?

anon(392846)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Perhaps that reply all feature was in BBM? I know the iPhone has a BBM like feature now, so perhaps it's a feature of those messaging applications?

atlharry

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Handcent SMS? I hear nothing but good things about it. I personally use Google Voice for pretty much everything, but it treats SMS individually as well. I use Google+ Messenger for group chats.

Let me know how it goes!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Scis8 try out some of those apps and report back. This is a large investment for me to find out it can't do what I need it too...

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Have already tried hancent and go sms both are a no go. With my blackberry the reply all function was with sms and mms not bbm although it wouldnt keep the convo in one thread i still had the ability to reply to everyone when someone sent a new message. The one convo screen would be great but im not greedy i just want a reply all! It makes no sense to me that I have the ability to see everyone the message was sent to but not have the ability to respond to everyone. Dont get me wrong something silly like this wont be a deal breaker for me I absoulutely love this phone it's just a convienence thing. If anyone else knows of any other apps besides the 2 I mentioned please let me know and i will test out.

vcapezio

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Using Google+ is so counterproductive. I'm in college and almost no one exclusively uses Google+, let alone has the app on their phone. Telling people to have all of their friends download WhatsApp so that they can do it is also a useless suggestion... there's no way to get all of your friends that frequently use group texting to hop on board. It's great that there are options like this, which is why I love Android, but they just don't cut it.

The iPhone and BB do something with converting the messages to MMS, keeping them all in the same thread. I'm hoping Android does this natively soon enough.

scils8

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the suggestion but as vcapezio alluded to my friends with I phones and blackberrys are not going to download whatsapp when they don't have to. At this point I'm so annoyed I am going to have to tell my friends to leave me off of the texts as its impossible for me to follow what's going on. I really hope android comes up with a solution for this as it seems like such a basic feature.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Who uses mass texting anymore...??? Unless it's a holiday, I never hear of anyone using this, and if they are, they're probably still on BB. Tell your friends to upgrade lol

DaPoets

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

yeah this is just odd... why not use reply to all in email... all phones have email now... Problem solved, no program to download.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Who uses mass texting anymore...??? Unless it's a holiday, I never hear of anyone using this, and if they are, they're probably still on BB. Tell your friends to upgrade lol

You would be surprised. I had the same thought process as you once. I have a very tightly knit group of friends and it isn't uncommon for one person to want to share something with a group. On the iPhone it shows up in thread forum (bubbles I guess) similar to a chat room.

At work this is nice because all the service technicians can conversate throughout the day.

Its just something I can't give up right now. Unfortunately this is my deal breaker....

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

yeah this is just odd... why not use reply to all in email... all phones have email now... Problem solved, no program to download.

Email is to slow...While not always email instead of texting? Because its a pita unless you are sending a message you don't want an instant response for.

Texting is one of the biggest if not the biggest form of communication. Its not out of the question for wanting to text more then a single person....

Trust me I was with you guys in your opinion of this but now that I can do it (I have a 4s from work) I can't go back. Its weird but its very useful...

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

huge problem here for me as well. 8 of my friends had blackberry and we all had a bbm chat. Now they all got iphones and me the gnex and communication is a pain. The only reason i know that its a mass text is that it shows as a mms as (no subject).

With my old bb if i were to get a mass sms there would be one thread for the whole convo which each person staying in the thread

This is extremely annoying with the gnex and i have no idea how google overlooked something like this

bennolen

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I could group MMS on my RAZR. I haven't tried it yet on the GNEX. I'll be disappointed if it doesn't work.

Rockn

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

This an is odd feature to lack on any email app, I have a group of friends that push interesting stuff around that often requires comment, and the first couple of days was a pain until I found the three little dots in the email address had "Reply to All" as a choice. What are guys using as an email provider? Is that why you don't have the choice is because you are not using Gmail? I don't have G+ , and I am not likely to either even though it prompts me constantly to set up G+ for my email. I know I don't have G+ because one of my accounts is from my work which switched to Google for Apps and email but is specifically blocking G+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt