I need some help with the stock Email app

callmebob

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I used K-9 for years on my Droid and my Incredible, but I really like how the new email app formats my non Gmail, emails. It may sound stupid, but in the new app they appear more like a they do in a desktop email client and I like the home screen mail widget. Here's the rub. I have my Outlook on my computer set to leave a copy of mail on the server for two days after they download. So if I set my phone to sync, it was automatically removing email from my phone after two days when the email would sync. (Note: this is not an exchange server) So I changed the settings and turned off sync and figured that I would manually delete emails as I needed. This morning I noticed that anything older than two days, instead of being deleted from the phone, is now being automatically moved to my trash folder. Am I missing something? Is this the normal behavior for the email app? I have not found any setting to change this so any help would be appreciated.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I would setup your email as an I map account. If you do delete an email from outlook it will also delete from phone and vise versa. It also updates read and unread. Was using K-9 for for three of my non Gmail accounts and now went to Kaiten (K-10)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca