Ladies, how are you going to carry your Nexus?

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
The guys may roll their head at this thread, but I am really interested to see the responses (and I want to see how many girls we have out here :D )

I have a great Tignanello hobo bag with two small pockets in the front that carried my OG perfectly, now I have nowhere to put my Nexus. It is just too big. I love the size, but where am I going to carry this beast?

1. Case or no case? - I currently have purple gel case that is ok, but not awesome.
2. Carry it in your purse? Where? Damage issues?
3. If in your purse, do you recommend one? I personally like a medium/large leather bag with lots of pockets, and am looking for a new one JUST for my Nexus. ;)

Thanks in advance to all of my fellow Galaxy Girls.

belniente

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Haha well I just finished making my excessive sleeve for this baby so I'll pitch in :D I'm super paranoid about hurting it, since it's my first smartphone and the feature phone I had before has some really impressive scuffs.

1) Right now, case. I have the purple gel one too, but when the desktop dock comes out I think I want to use that a lot, so I'll probably move to either a Ghost armor or ZAGG skin or something... still trying to decide though, and since I don't have the dock yet I don't feel too pressured.

2) Purse! I made this sleeve for it so that damage issues shouldn't occur lol, unless I put rocks in my purse or something which doesn't usually happen. I'm a little overly proud of the sleeve though; the electric blue fishnet lining really entertains me.

3) I bought mine at JCPenny's lol :D Got a couple nice medium ones with several pockets for around $30 on sale; what I like most about them is that there is at least one pocket deep on the inside right against the side of the purse that will be in contact with me, so if I leave the phone on vibrate and in that pocket I should still feel it ring. I have no idea about actual brands or anything for purses; this is the first time I've bought a purse myself that wasn't just "Oooo purse on sale for less than $15! *yoink*"

Last edited:
Reactions: auburngirl

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
My wife doesn't have the Nexus, she has the Revolution, but she has the Verizon pink gel case and then the Verizon shell/holster combo. She doesn't use the shell, she uses the silicone case and puts the phone in the holster (I do the same with my Nexus except I have a black silicone case), then she clips the holster onto her purse with the clip showing outside her purse and the phone is technically inside her purse.

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm still looking. Temporarily I bought the awful screen protector that Verizon sells and the black holster case. I don't like either one, but they will do for now. I have a leather case from my Droid charge that I use instead of the holster. I just use the inside part with the stand.They need to make the stand portion in "pink" and cover the corners!

Love this thread!

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Haha well I just finished making my excessive sleeve for this baby so I'll pitch in :D I'm super paranoid about hurting it, since it's my first smartphone and the feature phone I had before has some really impressive scuffs.

1) Right now, case. I have the purple gel one too, but when the desktop dock comes out I think I want to use that a lot, so I'll probably move to either a Ghost armor or ZAGG skin or something... still trying to decide though, and since I don't have the dock yet I don't feel too pressured.

2) Purse! I made this sleeve for it so that damage issues shouldn't occur lol, unless I put rocks in my purse or something which doesn't usually happen. I'm a little overly proud of the sleeve though; the electric blue fishnet lining really entertains me.

3) I bought mine at JCPenny's lol :D Got a couple nice medium ones with several pockets for around $30 on sale; what I like most about them is that there is at least one pocket deep on the inside right against the side of the purse that will be in contact with me, so if I leave the phone on vibrate and in that pocket I should still feel it ring. I have no idea about actual brands or anything for purses; this is the first time I've bought a purse myself that wasn't just "Oooo purse on sale for less than $15! *yoink*"

1. I have tried the ZAGG skin on my OG, and and am afraid it does not protect it enough because I tend to drop things. I want the desktop doc too, do not sure which way to go.

2. Nice crafty sleeve. You should sell them on Esty. I am not crafty! I am also torn on the pouch thing. Do you find it hard to hear your phone or get it out fast enough? I think I am going with a new purse with a dedicated phone pocket.

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
This is a cute thread! :)

Currently, I'm using the Zagg screen shield. I had the full body on my Evo4G ( and it helped), but after a while I got tired of it not playing nice with some of my cases. I think I'll just keep the screen protected and buy a case. I REALLY want a POP! Case-Mate case or the Tough case. They have them in stock, but I'm waiting for a promo code :D.

a6fa42e8-bba9-f07d.jpg
a6fa42e8-bbe4-c9f9.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kds

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a lady, but thought I'd throw my hat in anyways. I think it's pretty hot when girls carry their phones (naked/caseless) in a back pocket of their jeans. Not sure why I like it, maybe because there's there's two pieces of eye candy back there, or if I get caught staring, I can strike up a conversation about the phone ;)

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a lady, but thought I'd throw my hat in anyways. I think it's pretty hot when girls carry their phones (naked/caseless) in a back pocket of their jeans. Not sure why I like it, maybe because there's there's two pieces of eye candy back there, or if I get caught staring, I can strike up a conversation about the phone ;)

LOL, good recovery if you get caught

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This is a cute thread! :)

Currently, I'm using the Zagg screen shield. I had the full body on my Evo4G ( and it helped), but after a while I got tired of it not playing nice with some of my cases. I think I'll just keep the screen protected and buy a case. I REALLY want a POP! Case-Mate case or the Tough case. They have them in stock, but I'm waiting for a promo code :D.

Click to view quoted image
Click to view quoted image

I like the POP case-mate and ordered the black/grey one.

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Extraordinaire - I like that case as well. Let us know if you see a promo code.

kds - The Nexus is too big for the back pocket of your jeans unless you have really large jeans. Maybe not an issue for you depending on how you like your ladies.

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Extraordinaire - I like that case as well. Let us know if you see a promo code.

I surely will. Although I was searching Google shopping for the heck of it. I see Newegg has it for $19.99. If it's indeed the same, that's a really good deal. I may order from them and give an update when it comes...

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you gotten it yet? If so, how is the build quality? I had the Tough case on my Evo4G... and it was tough :thumbup:

Nah, I just ordered it yesterday. The construction reminds me of the Incipio Duroshot DRX I had for my Iphone. It has the soft plastic molded together with hard plastic. They called it a polycarbonate material. I'm hoping it will be the same quality, it sure looks like it.

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Nah, I just ordered it yesterday. The construction reminds me of the Incipio Duroshot DRX I had for my Iphone. It has the soft plastic molded together with hard plastic. They called it a polycarbonate material. I'm hoping it will be the same quality, it sure looks like it.

Hmm, OK. I think I'll take the plunge and get one. It looks durable and definitely a lot cooler then some of the drab cases I've been seeing.

auburngirl

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I surely will. Although I was searching Google shopping for the heck of it. I see Newegg has it for $19.99. If it's indeed the same, that's a really good deal. I may order from them and give an update when it comes...

Can you share the link? I can't find it. Thanks!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

kds

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
kds - The Nexus is too big for the back pocket of your jeans unless you have really large jeans. Maybe not an issue for you depending on how you like your ladies.

I like em with decent booty in tight pants :) but yeah I can see it as being too big, even for my pants.

CeeDotSmith

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Can you share the link? I can't find it. Thanks!

Sure: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ssories-_-Case-Mate-_-75995479&token=CpRnVQuD
And to make sure we're on the same page this is for the Pink/Grey POP case I posted. In case you were looking at the Black/Pink I posted as well. :)

They don't have a pic posted, but all the product info is the same including the case design number. They're offering free shipping, so I went ahead and ordered.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois