1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Best Buy price matching

Hi anyone I was wondering if anyone can help me with my issue.
    Best Buy will give me $301.00 for my Droid Bionic.

Anyway they advertise the Galaxy Nexus for $799.99.
    A Verizon store in the same mall is selling the same phone for $650.00.
    This is all contract free retail pricing.

Now according to Best Buy they price match.

After reading this they should have to honor the Verizon Wireless store for the $650.00.

When I call they say they won't honor the price matching because "they don't have to".

Who should I call because this is blatant false advertising.

Default Re: Best Buy price matching

Go to a different Best Buy. They SHOULD do it. Tell them you'll call corporate or talk to a manager.

They can honor it as long as the store has it in stock, if the store doesn't then they can deny the price match.

Via Rezound!

This happened to me on launch day. I spent 30 min arguing with the Best Buy employee on what there price match policy was on how this situations meets all its requirements (as a former BB employee, i was more than happy to screw them over). The reason they push it away so much is because the price match comes off the stores sales for the day. I eventually had to return with the policy printed, handed it to the Mobile Manager and it was smooth sailing from there. They priced matched and gave me a $50 gift card for my troubles. Along with that I had Buy Back on my Thunderbolt and they gave me $378 for it when i only figured i was getting $299 (40%), the employee told me this had happened a few days ago on another buy back return.

Short version, If you stand there long enough, with the correct documentation, they will price match vzw
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

So do you get the $301 BB gift card immediately in-store if you trade in your Bionic? The website says your supposed to send it in and wait 7-14 days for the BB gift card to show up. I don't want to be without a phone at all!
    And I assume if you do get it in-store, on the spot, they will let you use it towards a new phone immediately? Silly question, but I know other stores that won't let you use their gift cards on the day you get them. Stupid, but hey, want to make sure, IF I do this and pull the trigger on the GN! Hmm!

Yes everything was done at the same time. Was there for about an hour but walked out with my new GN
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Thanks everyone for your help. I will do exactly what you said.
    I called multiple times and it really frustrates me when a company advertises something and then do everything in their power to deny their guarantee.