Started with a Icipio case, now naked.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else start with a case and then go naked?

I went ahead and got the case at the store when I bought it because they where giving me a deal and I like it. It didn't add to much thickness to the phone and was nice and easy to hold in the hand, plus it is a little sticky so made it easier to hold onto.

I carry my phone in my shirt pocket when at work (uniform) and in my pants pocket when off work. The case didn't effect me carrying it in any pocket, but over the weekend when carrying it in my blue jeans pocket the black rubber part of the case keep collecting lent from my pocket. Didn't hurt anything but didn't look very good.

So I took the case off just to clean it, and damn this phone feels great naked!!! It is a little more slippery in the hand without the case but getting use to that. And while with the case the pocket was no issue, without the case it is just that much better!

Last night I did put a screen protector on it just because my uniform shirt pocket has a nasty button I'm worried about the screen rubbing on while taking in and out. If not for that I wouldn't worry. I don't like the screen protector, it's sticky and shows finger prints and oil much more then the naked screen. but doesn't effect how clear the screen is or the color. So will live with it for now.

Did anybody else start with a case and then go naked?

The button on my shirt poket.

superbleester

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I did, sort of. I can't decide to have it naked or with a case. I keep taking it off and on. I feel so undecided haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

2010BmwM3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm using it naked until I find a case I want. I might buy the incipio for when I go to work on a site and don't want something to happen to my naked GN.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I started with a case but I shed that layer not too long after I put it on. You're right, the phone does feel great in the hand. I can't see myself putting another case on it.

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I have the dual layer Incipio and I love it. Always paranoid about dropping my phone even though I never do. It was definitely nice without it, a lot more pocketable. But I needed some peace of mind. Will be getting a Seidio Active when something other than black or purple comes out.

Rabble rabble rabble.

spiff72

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
First of all, thank you, tx_tuff for your service to our country...

Second - I started out naked and ended up buying the Incipio case on my way home from work on launch day. I felt that the phone was just too slippery and I didn't want to risk it slipping from my hand. I don't mind the slight bulk that is added, but the grippy nature of the case can be a hindrance when trying to pull it out of my pocket - it doesn't slide out easily!

Eventually I may change my mind, but I am OK with the case for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci