2-3 second lag when trying to make a call

Warry

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced sporadic, but massive lag when attempting to make a phone call? I'm not doing anything complicated or unusual (I don't think), but there have been several instances in the now 5 days I've owned my Galaxy Nexus when I open up my contact list and try to call one of them, I have to wait 2-3 seconds before the action actually goes through and dials the contact. During the 2-3 seconds it simply freezes at the contact list. It's very jarring and frustrating...but I suspect it's a normal occurrence, and I just want to confirm with other people. Did a search through the forums but didn't find any similar threads, would love to hear from anybody with the same issue!

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
it happens to me as well.. at least 6 times so far.. i reside in queens nyc. my coverage is fair. no droped calls.

Warry

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah id say thats about how many times ive experienced it as well. I also have good reception, its just the calling aspect thats frustrating!

Warry

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
lol st0ic i'm going to assume you've not experienced this.

basically when i tap a contact from phone list, the dialer doesn't pop up for ~5 sec (it happened again to me just now, and i literally counted 5 slow seconds before the dialing screen popped up). during those 5 seconds it just stays at my contact page.

did xyzlene and i get lemons or something?

st0ic_1

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
factory wipe and check before you install a bunch of apps. If it works fine, add one app at a time and see which one is causing the OS to lag.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer