Thinking about flashign a new rom and...

shanimal92

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that flashing a new rom gives you that "security element" error with Google Wallet. If i take the Wallet apk out of the zip, so it doesnt install, will i be fine untill this problem is fixed? I this is a cool feature and i do want to use it down the road. I just dont want to be tied down to one rom.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
How did you install Wallet to begin with? I see people who flashed the zip having trouble more often than people who just installed the .apk...

FWIW.... I used the .apk... and I'm on my 3rd ROM now, each time reactivating google wallet.. and have never run into any of those security element issues :)

travva

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
yeah if google wallet only actually "worked" for you after you did the apk method, which is the vast majority of users, then you're good. i just installed mike's HD rom and it works fine still. same as before when it worked on stock rom. :D

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I've never actually used Google wallet to pay but I have installed it on a couple ROMs. From what I've read the devs are still working on fixing NFC as its still broke on a couple ROMs. Its hard to test for obvious reasons, unless you have another Nexus nearby which some people do.

shanimal92

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i havnt used it yet but i have set my prepaid card up and it runs and everything. Since it is working right now on my current rom (Android revolution 2.1.2, 4.0.2) it WILL work if i flash to a 4.0.3 rom? Also, will flashing a different kernal (ie. UV or OC'ed) screw with it in anyway? I installed from apk from droid life, no zip install. thanks and sorry for so many questions. i just want to use this feature at a later time when it is fully optimized and supported by google on the NExus

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, i havnt used it yet but i have set my prepaid card up and it runs and everything. Since it is working right now on my current rom (Android revolution 2.1.2, 4.0.2) it WILL work if i flash to a 4.0.3 rom? Also, will flashing a different kernal (ie. UV or OC'ed) screw with it in anyway? I installed from apk from droid life, no zip install. thanks and sorry for so many questions. i just want to use this feature at a later time when it is fully optimized and supported by google on the NExus

No one can promise you anything, but like I said I haven't had any problems going between ROMs, and I'm wont to believe that since you installed it from the .apk originally you are probably in good shape.