Galaxy Nexus - Sideload Wonder Machine

psilversmith

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I really did load the Samsung USB drivers successfully from their web site. Phone USB debugging is checked to on. I can exchange files with my file manager to the phone. So the phone really is communicating with my Win7 pc.
But using Sideload Wonder, I get device not seen error - and serial number does not appear on driver status troubleshoot screen. Test location passes.
I read the comments of others, but I just don't know what to do to get SWM to work.
Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

2waterfowl

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. Just got my GN today and want to sideload some apps. Is it because no SD card therefore no USB sync? Please help or give other options for sideloading apps. Keep in mind I just upgraded from BB Storm and am new to this. Thank you.

psilversmith

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Well although SWM doesn't work with Galaxy Nexus, it turns out there is an easy workaround. Just copy the apk file to the Download directory on the phone using explorer. Then on the phone, navigate using a file manager to the Download/*.apk file - and click on it. It will install no problem.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Or email or dropbox the app to your phone. Just go in settings and check unknown sources.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Vol_Mania

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I have used Astro since I received my GN. I have side loaded 3-4 apps via Astro. What menu are your referring to that isn't visible? Astro is my file manager of choice.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have used Astro since I received my GN. I have side loaded 3-4 apps via Astro. What menu are your referring to that isn't visible? Astro is my file manager of choice.

Maybe they updated it then... I don't know, but I wasn't seeing the tabs at the top (where all the functionality pretty much is on Astro). They still worked, but I couldn't see what was what.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress