GNEX Phone Woes in the Main Media........

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Little write up on Yahoo this morning.......see if this puts a little pressure on VZW to hurry up and get this phone right......failed to mention the miserable battery life though....

Galaxy Nexus early adopters report issues with signal, touchscreen | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News

EDIT: Guys I am just spreading information ............. do with it what you want.....the purpose of this thread is to let GNEX owners know that issues many of us are experiencing have started to be brought out in regular news sources…….some may have phones that are AMAZING……great for you, don’t come in bashing people who are experiencing issues with their phones….just because they may have a problem with theirs and you do not does not mean they don’t know about being an early adopter, blah blah blah……there is obviously an issue with the phone, which has been acknowledged by Verizon, so lets all sit back relax, and hope the “investigative work” Verizon is doing draws a conclusion and a OTA follows shortly……. Those people who have phones that are “flawless” stop acting mightier than thou……END RANT…..

Last edited:

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well journalists need to stay busy too I guess, on the other hand in places where my thunderbolt would drop down to 1 x I've maintained 3g. I went out and bought this phone the first morning and I've never been more pleased with any phone. My only issue is that I don't know how to code apps and I can't alter better keyboard 8 to work with ice cream sandwich.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: Premium1

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Little write up on Yahoo this morning.......see if this puts a little pressure on VZW to hurry up and get this phone right......failed to mention the miserable battery life though....

Galaxy Nexus early adopters report issues with signal, touchscreen | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News

What miserable battery life are you talking about. With an extended battery I use mine from 6am and when I put it back on the charger at 6pm it's still at about 25%. I keep a second extended battery in my pocket but have yet to use it.

The battery life on my GN is equivalent to my old Tbolt.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
So far Im not having too many problems. My signal strenght does not bother me, and my battery life is what I expected. Its a new device, there are bound to be some problems at first.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
What miserable battery life are you talking about. With an extended battery I use mine from 6am and when I put it back on the charger at 6pm it's still at about 25%. I keep a second extended battery in my pocket but have yet to use it.

Yea.... that's definitely NOT good lol. If you can only go 12 hours on an extended battery and be at 25% that's horrible actually. And the Thunderbolt was definitely horrible...

Reactions: SF DINC

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Man, no wonder people go insane. If people are this impatient about a phone that hasn't even been out a week and they can't wait for updates that happen faster than any other phone out there, they need to stop getting smartphones period.

As someone else said in another thread, some people just aren't cut out to be early adopters. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you want the latest and greatest there will always be bumps in the road and issues to deal with.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Good for you, but I have a extended battery and it SUCKS!!!!!!!! I am rooted, have "conditioned" and "calibrated" my battery several times.....there are battery issues, (do a little research) which may be linked to the phone not obtaining a deep sleep state.....just saying....glad your getting good battery life, but not all of are.....

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea.... that's definitely NOT good lol. If you can only go 12 hours on an extended battery and be at 25% that's horrible actually. And the Thunderbolt was definitely horrible...

AMEN.....I had a Bolt, and the battery life sucked......lol.......not a very good comparison.....on the other hand when I put the rezound battery in the Bolt while rooted and running custom ROMs and Kernals I did have a great device....

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Man, no wonder people go insane. If people are this impatient about a phone that hasn't even been out a week and they can't wait for updates that happen faster than any other phone out there, they need to stop getting smartphones period.
That assumes the update needed to fix the problem comes from Google and that the problem is not a firmware issue needing an update from Samsung. And from what I have read here, the updates to the Charge never fixed the problem.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

The Tbolt is not a model of battery efficiency by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, the Tbolt is one of the poorest examples available. Clearly there is something going on with how the Nexus manages power consumption.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Someone who writes for a "tech" blog. I'm just amazed someone thinks a yahoo blog is main media. I love their in-depth research "...uh, we weren't able to reproduce the problem on our GNex, but we read about it on the Internets."

Fine to stroke your ego let me rephrase my Thread Title, a source/outlet for main media......guaranteed more average joe people go to yahoo for news then any of these fourms us "tech junkies" read....Your condescending attitude and arrogance speak volumes??.

Reactions: LangHoo

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Someone who writes for a "tech" blog. I'm just amazed someone thinks a yahoo blog is main media. I love their in-depth research "...uh, we weren't able to reproduce the problem on our GNex, but we read about it on the Internets."

I was thinking the same thing.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Fine to stroke your ego let me rephrase my Thread Title, a source/outlet for main media......guaranteed more average joe people go to yahoo for news then any of these fourms us "tech junkies" read....Your condescending attitude and arrogance speak volumes??.

I think that most would consider main media to be sources that are more traditional. Time, Newsweek, etc.

Reactions: Wiggy0211

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Battery life hasn't been an issue here. A dual core device with 4G and all the other bells and wistles lasting 12 hours is excellent. The stock battery under light usage would get me 8-10 hours I'm seeing 12-14 with the extended battery with medium to heavy usage. It's just about on par with my Incredible. As far as signal I could care less if it's 1 bar or 4 as long as my data speeds are good and I can make phone calls. I normally keep 2 to 4 bars depending on where I'm at, battery life is good, and everything else works great.