Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GNEX Phone Woes in the Main Media........

Little write up on Yahoo this morning.......see if this puts a little pressure on VZW to hurry up and get this phone right......failed to mention the miserable battery life though....

Galaxy Nexus early adopters report issues with signal, touchscreen | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News

EDIT: Guys I am just spreading information ............. do with it what you want.....the purpose of this thread is to let GNEX owners know that issues many of us are experiencing have started to be brought out in regular news sources…….some may have phones that are AMAZING……great for you, don’t come in bashing people who are experiencing issues with their phones….just because they may have a problem with theirs and you do not does not mean they don’t know about being an early adopter, blah blah blah……there is obviously an issue with the phone, which has been acknowledged by Verizon, so lets all sit back relax, and hope the “investigative work” Verizon is doing draws a conclusion and a OTA follows shortly……. Those people who have phones that are “flawless” stop acting mightier than thou……END RANT…..
    Last edited by SF DINC; 12-21-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    iPhone> Incredible> Thunderbolt> Galaxy Nexus> Moto RAZR
    Thanked by 3:
    scorpiodsu likes this.

ROM

Default Re: GNEX Phone Woes in the Main Media........

Well, that certainly didn't take long, almost a week.

Well journalists need to stay busy too I guess, on the other hand in places where my thunderbolt would drop down to 1 x I've maintained 3g. I went out and bought this phone the first morning and I've never been more pleased with any phone. My only issue is that I don't know how to code apps and I can't alter better keyboard 8 to work with ice cream sandwich.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by SF DINC View Post
    Little write up on Yahoo this morning.......see if this puts a little pressure on VZW to hurry up and get this phone right......failed to mention the miserable battery life though....

Galaxy Nexus early adopters report issues with signal, touchscreen | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News
    What miserable battery life are you talking about. With an extended battery I use mine from 6am and when I put it back on the charger at 6pm it's still at about 25%. I keep a second extended battery in my pocket but have yet to use it.

The battery life on my GN is equivalent to my old Tbolt.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for now

Hopefully that will reduce demand and Amazon will drop the price back down.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts

So far Im not having too many problems. My signal strenght does not bother me, and my battery life is what I expected. Its a new device, there are bound to be some problems at first.

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    What miserable battery life are you talking about. With an extended battery I use mine from 6am and when I put it back on the charger at 6pm it's still at about 25%. I keep a second extended battery in my pocket but have yet to use it.

Yea.... that's definitely NOT good lol. If you can only go 12 hours on an extended battery and be at 25% that's horrible actually. And the Thunderbolt was definitely horrible...
    Thanked by:
    whthotg8 likes this.

Man, no wonder people go insane. If people are this impatient about a phone that hasn't even been out a week and they can't wait for updates that happen faster than any other phone out there, they need to stop getting smartphones period.

As someone else said in another thread, some people just aren't cut out to be early adopters. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you want the latest and greatest there will always be bumps in the road and issues to deal with.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
    Yea.... that's definitely NOT good lol. If you can only go 12 hours on an extended battery and be at 25% that's horrible actually. And the Thunderbolt was definitely horrible...
    I got 9 hours on my standard battery the second day and it was awake probably 4 to 5 hours of that time.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Good for you, but I have a extended battery and it SUCKS!!!!!!!! I am rooted, have "conditioned" and "calibrated" my battery several times.....there are battery issues, (do a little research) which may be linked to the phone not obtaining a deep sleep state.....just saying....glad your getting good battery life, but not all of are.....
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
    AMEN.....I had a Bolt, and the battery life sucked......lol.......not a very good comparison.....on the other hand when I put the rezound battery in the Bolt while rooted and running custom ROMs and Kernals I did have a great device....
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    Man, no wonder people go insane. If people are this impatient about a phone that hasn't even been out a week and they can't wait for updates that happen faster than any other phone out there, they need to stop getting smartphones period.
    That assumes the update needed to fix the problem comes from Google and that the problem is not a firmware issue needing an update from Samsung. And from what I have read here, the updates to the Charge never fixed the problem.

what's a "yahoo" ?
    JediJesus95 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

The Tbolt is not a model of battery efficiency by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, the Tbolt is one of the poorest examples available. Clearly there is something going on with how the Nexus manages power consumption.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Clancy3434 View Post
    what's a "yahoo" ?
    REALLY???

Quote Originally Posted by Clancy3434 View Post
    what's a "yahoo" ?
    Someone who writes for a "tech" blog. I'm just amazed someone thinks a yahoo blog is main media. I love their in-depth research "...uh, we weren't able to reproduce the problem on our GNex, but we read about it on the Internets."
    Thanked by 2:
    MazoMark likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by LangHoo View Post
    Someone who writes for a "tech" blog. I'm just amazed someone thinks a yahoo blog is main media. I love their in-depth research "...uh, we weren't able to reproduce the problem on our GNex, but we read about it on the Internets."
    Fine to stroke your ego let me rephrase my Thread Title, a source/outlet for main media......guaranteed more average joe people go to yahoo for news then any of these fourms us "tech junkies" read....Your condescending attitude and arrogance speak volumes.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by LangHoo View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Qazme and Wiggy0211 like this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Fine to stroke your ego let me rephrase my Thread Title, a source/outlet for main media......guaranteed more average joe people go to yahoo for news then any of these fourms us "tech junkies" read....Your condescending attitude and arrogance speak volumes.
    I think that most would consider main media to be sources that are more traditional. Time, Newsweek, etc.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Battery life hasn't been an issue here. A dual core device with 4G and all the other bells and wistles lasting 12 hours is excellent. The stock battery under light usage would get me 8-10 hours I'm seeing 12-14 with the extended battery with medium to heavy usage. It's just about on par with my Incredible. As far as signal I could care less if it's 1 bar or 4 as long as my data speeds are good and I can make phone calls. I normally keep 2 to 4 bars depending on where I'm at, battery life is good, and everything else works great.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
    Thanked by 2:
    Wiggy0211 likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    I think that most would consider main media to be sources that are more traditional. Time, Newsweek, etc.
    So unless it is backed by a big name it is not news, even though the story is the same from the little "unknown name" When I say main media, I mean outlets other then specialized blogs, or sources......to each their own.....I guess getting your information from a big name makes it "REAL" news....lol....again the whole point of this thread was again to spread information, again do with it what you guys want....done arguing. lol.....elitist overtones that run rampant through these fourms AMAZES ME.....
    oresteez likes this.

Okay everyone calm down. I have a Galaxy Nexus here in the Cleveland/Akron Ohio market. My brother-in-law has one in NC. He gets crappy battery life, but mine is decent. I've had a few reboots and crappy signal and today's 4G data outage (not just on GN phones). He hasn't had any of those issues.

Also, why is Version the only one who gets blamed in all of this. Sure, it's their network and there have been issues with LTE in general, but Google is handling the software and updates and Samsung manufactured the phone. (Did they put crapy radios in the GN???) When the phone was "delayed", it was Verizon's fault. When the phone has some bugs, it's still Verizon's fault.

I'm also using ICS on a Fascinate and have seen a couple of issues common between both phones. On those forums, people are reporting bugs to the dev that are present on the GN. There are clearly bugs in ICS, yet people rush to blame Verizon. I don't get it.

Any phone that requires you to get an extended battery in order to get mediocre time between charges has miserable battery life.
    scorpiodsu and SF DINC like this.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,029 Global Posts

Why is everyone so obsessed with battery life? As long as it lasts long enough for me to get through the day I'm happy with that.

For me, I take it off the charger when I wake up in the morning. It gets bumped back up to 100% on my way to work with my car charger. At the end of my work day, I plop it back on the charger before I leave work to get it back to 100% to last me the remainder of the day.

I've done this with my last 4 phones. Daily charging is a fact of life with these new phones. I'm not concerned.

Your condescending attitude and arrogance speak volumes.
    Why thank you! You just made my day! Plus my LTE signal after the outage is even stronger than before. And I can't drain my battery fast enough. Life is good. I may go post a comment in that world renowned yahoo tech blog to announce my joy to the world!
    MazoMark likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast