Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By pauldroidr2d2
  • 1 Post By 2defmouze
  • 1 Post By VideoEngineerAJS
  • 1 Post By thirsy1258
  • 1 Post By Snareman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Get Credit when Data is out

Just called up Verizon and politely explained how I was upset about the data outage today, combined with the 4G outage from last week or so, that I just got a new phone and am paying over $100 a month for this service... anyway they gave me a $15 credit (half my data cost) for the outage. Nothing major, lol, but it helps a bit and was very easy to get, so I recommend everyone request it because Verizon owes their paying customers for not providing the great service they promise,

Remember, be polite, be human.. the person on the other end of the line is a hardworking individual just like you and has to deal with plenty of d-bags all day long, don't be one
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Default Re: Get Credit when Data is out

Congrats. I'm not going to bother unless there are additional outages over the next several days.
    st0ic_1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Just called up Verizon and politely explained how I was upset about the data outage today, combined with the 4G outage from last week or so, that I just got a new phone and am paying over $100 a month for this service... anyway they gave me a $15 credit (half my data cost) for the outage. Nothing major, lol, but it helps a bit and was very easy to get, so I recommend everyone request it because Verizon owes their paying customers for not providing the great service they promise,

Remember, be polite, be human.. the person on the other end of the line is a hardworking individual just like you and has to deal with plenty of d-bags all day long, don't be one
    Yeah that won't work for me. I only pay $9.99 a month for data so I'm already saving quite a bit of money.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    Congrats. I'm not going to bother unless there are additional outages over the next several days.
    I hear you.. I only bothered because I didn't last week when 4G was out for a couple days, I patiently put up with it, but at this point I figured a 3 minute call was worth it for $15, lol.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    584 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If only I wasn't so lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDevAnalyst View Post
    Yeah that won't work for me. I only pay $9.99 a month for data so I'm already saving quite a bit of money.

Hoooooow
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thirsty1258 View Post
    Hoooooow
    Verizon was running a promo called the Talk, Text, and Data promo where they gave a $20 discount per month on data. It ended back in January though. I was told that as long as I don't change my plan that I'll pay this price for life. So I'm not planning to change anything.
    jas o likes this.

Verizon was running a promo called the Talk, Text, and Data promo where they gave a $20 discount per month on data. It ended back in January though. I was told that as long as I don't change my plan that I'll pay this price for life. So I'm not planning to change anything.
    Nice

jacob2kd likes this.

Global Posts
    1,167 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got that same deal and love it! Learned about it here.
    jacob2kd likes this.

wish I would have jumped on that..

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I was issued a $1.93 credit for the 2 outages. At least it is something. All I did was send them a message online asking for a credit and politely told them if their reliability isn't going to be #1 anymore then I don't want to have to pay the premium prices they ask for and said I was considering returning my phone and switching carriers when my contract is up. I'm sure calling does work better, but I was happy with any credit. Companies that charge a monthly fee should always credit their customers for outages that occur, shouldn't even have to request them. Seems like common sense to me.

I've been paying for unlimited data for 3 years , but that's a good idea.

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts

This is an awsome plan. I alway love when the CSR ask how I only pay $9.99 on 7 lines. I put it on everything knowing the kids would be asking for the Fruit sometime this year.

I locked my wife out of the account so she doesn't accidentally make a bad change and we loose it and go bankrupt.
    Waiting for the G-Nex

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz RLS13

Quote Originally Posted by jas o View Post
    This is an awsome plan. I alway love when the CSR ask how I only pay $9.99 on 7 lines. I put it on everything knowing the kids would be asking for the Fruit sometime this year.

I locked my wife out of the account so she doesn't accidentally make a bad change and we loose it and go bankrupt.
    If you've got five kids then that was a very smart decision. Kudos

ROM
    Tranquil Ice V6.0h

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post

This kind of info is what should be circulated in a smartphone users' forum. Good job!!!