1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Conf Call Access Problem on GN

Not sure if this is the right forum (as opposed to ICS or something else) but figured I would start here.

I have run into a strange issue with my Verizon Galaxy Nexus. On two separate occasions I have been unable to join a conference call on the GN using a toll free call-in number and access code. I can dial the number but when I type in the access code, I get an error message saying the code is incorrect. One system would read the numbers back to me after I typed them, and it was clear that it was adding an additional number even though I had not typed it and it did not show up on the screen as being typed. Both time this happened, I put down the GN and connected using a landline without a problem.

I spent a little time looking for other posts about this problem but didn't see it. Any thoughts?

Default Re: Conf Call Access Problem on GN

I'm having the same exact issue, I had an important meeting and the conference bridge kept saying i was adding different numbers in when I wasn't.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Yep. I've also had this same problem when switching my work extension over to my GNex via the dialer. Changing the DTFM tones does not address the problem for me as it has for others. For those it doesn't work in addressing the issue it remains a problem.

There are a couple of other threads here on AC reporting similar problems, so I went ahead and posted over at Google Mobile Help with hopes of bringing some additional exposure to this problem.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Have you tried another dialer? Like dialer one maybe?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I had this problem a while ago with a different phone and it was due to me typing in the numbers with the speaker phone active. Dialing this in without speaker phone on resolved it for me.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    joggy 

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberr8der View Post
    I had this problem a while ago with a different phone and it was due to me typing in the numbers with the speaker phone active. Dialing this in without speaker phone on resolved it for me.
    Oddly enough that actually seems to work in my situation. I have always used the dialer with speaker phone active when dialing into a system where I knew I'd need to listen for voice or system prompts, so I had just went with the same on my GNex. Turning speaker phone off allowed me to get into my voice system without issue. Odd. Still should work with the speaker phone, but I can live with this workaround versus a replacement dialer or even replacement phone for that matter.

Thanks, cyberr8der.