Faint shadow on screen

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that there is a very faint "shadow" on my screen -- a sort of blotchy dark spot that almost looks like a smudge on the glass (but isn't).

It's really very faint and doesn't bother me particularly. I notice it only on white backgrounds, and even then only when scrolling. (I first noticed it while playing Doodle Jump, actually.)

I'm not new to AMOLED; my previous phone was a Fascinate, but I never saw anything like this on that. I'm wondering if this is a known sort of irregularity that goes with AMOLED technology, or do I actually have a defect?

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that there is a very faint "shadow" on my screen -- a sort of blotchy dark spot that almost looks like a smudge on the glass (but isn't).

It's really very faint and doesn't bother me particularly. I notice it only on white backgrounds, and even then only when scrolling. (I first noticed it while playing Doodle Jump, actually.)

I'm not new to AMOLED; my previous phone was a Fascinate, but I never saw anything like this on that. I'm wondering if this is a known sort of irregularity that goes with AMOLED technology, or do I actually have a defect?

Mine had the opposite... a small faint WHITE smudge in the panel. Never moved and showed up nicely in grey screens or black areas of videos.

It's a defect. Change it out with new. That's what I did. No questions asked. The new one is quite prefect.

4given_p8ntblr

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I switched mine out for a white blotch, but now I got an even worse one that has the horizontal and vertical lines that show when the brightness is down. It also includes some curvy lines at the bottom that are odd as well. This is my 2nd one... I hate doing this.