Anyone experiencing false Wifi icon info?

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seen this?

I get occasional 'greying' of Wifi icon in the notification bar when I wake my GN up. Wifi icon look just like there is no (Wifi) bar at all. It is completely grey, with NO BLUE BAR. However, when I try web browsing, internet connection works just fine.

This is not always. It sometimes happens, some other times doesn't. I cannot figure out what is causing this yet.

Anyone with a similar experience?

kuykendallc

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that if its gray, you still have access. When it turns blue, you have established a connection to the Google servers. This was the same in gingerbread when the color scheme was green.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting in your advanced wifi options to keeping wifi on while the phone is sleeping see if its set to always

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that if its gray, you still have access. When it turns blue, you have established a connection to the Google servers. This was the same in gingerbread when the color scheme was green.

What I was talking about was, 'DARK' grey, which is normally used for not having signal. The entire Wifi icon is DARK GREY, with no bright grey or blue bars.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone seen this?

I get occasional 'greying' of Wifi icon in the notification bar when I wake my GN up. Wifi icon look just like there is no (Wifi) bar at all. It is completely grey, with NO BLUE BAR. However, when I try web browsing, internet connection works just fine.

This is not always. It sometimes happens, some other times doesn't. I cannot figure out what is causing this yet.

Anyone with a similar experience?

Take a look!

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
There is a setting in your advanced wifi options to keeping wifi on while the phone is sleeping see if its set to always

As a matter of fact, I use the Juice Defender and set the Wifi to be off whenever I put the phone to sleep. When I wake it up, the Wifi icon shows up, but with this dark grey color, not blue.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah cause its reconnecting. Also there may be a slight delay between the time it connects and the time the blue shows up.

mitra88

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah cause its reconnecting. Also there may be a slight delay between the time it connects and the time the blue shows up.

But, I was under the impression that, once reconnected, it should change to blue. This one never changes to blue..... :'( (even after 30 minutes)

Since internet connection is just fine, I really don't mind very much. It is just a little annoying to see.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It may just be a bug. I'll play with it for awhile and see if I can reproduce this

kaisermr

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I have this and believe it to be a bug. Tasker wifi off commands create the same "no signal" view in the notification bar when speedtest is at 8 mb/s.