Swype for Gnex Available Now! (not official)

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I got it, no problems so far except there is no way to use the voice recognition feature while on this keyboard (can't access ICS or the Dragon version). I assume this is an older version of Swype without Dragon.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
excellent. works perfectly.. Am new to droid from B.B. and I saw swype on another phone and that's the only way I'd switch to touch screen. Was afraid I wouldnt be able to get it. So far, I'm very pleased w/my Galaxy Nexus.

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I am really excited. I was using slide it as an alternative, but never found it as useable for me as Swype. Christmas a day early for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

leecarltontx

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Quick question- how do I load this onto the Nexus? I stuck it in downloads, but it isn't showing up. Sorry, using to putting APK's on my rooted incredible. Does this device need to be rooted to do this?

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Quick question- how do I load this onto the Nexus? I stuck it in downloads, but it isn't showing up. Sorry, using to putting APK's on my rooted incredible. Does this device need to be rooted to do this?
I'm not rooted, worked fine. After the DL, I was asked if I wanted to install. They again?
BTW, this is the best of these apps, IMO. Much better prediction than SlideIt, the Go keyboard, or some others I've tried.

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You do not need to be rooted. You just need to install the apk file. Make sure you have the allow "unknown sources" in the settings - security menu.

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
you guys noticed that it says swype will remember/see everything you type in (passwords, credit card number, etc)? has it always been a thing or just on this new version/build?

It has always had that warning. In fact, I have seen the same warning for every add on keyboard including Thumb Keyboard, Slide-It, Swift Key, etc.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
:mad:

Since when does any program automatically charge your Paypal account!?

I clicked the updated Swype link and downloaded Swype, works perfectly but then I got an email saying thanks for your payment.

Needless to say, i'm not happy this is even possible, it's not like i'm logged into Paypal all the time. I can see it requesting money. Meaning it knows more about me than I'd like it to.

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
how did that happen??

:mad:

Since when does any program automatically charge your Paypal account!?

I clicked the updated Swype link and downloaded Swype, works perfectly but then I got an email saying thanks for your payment.

Needless to say, i'm not happy this is even possible, it's not like i'm logged into Paypal all the time. I can see it requesting money. Meaning it knows more about me than I'd like it to.

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I downloaded this a few days ago, been loving it. Though I never got an email saying I was charged...maybe its because I dont have any c.card info out there??