google voice search gnex update in need

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Press your google voice search button and wait. Now press the help button and press watch the tutorial.

That program is different from ours, there's a voice toggle that allows you to restart speaking at any time.

So then I downloaded google voice (same app) and my brothers phone (it updated) and he has that voice button toggle. (his droid experia came out earlier this year) and he has the functionality.

If you go to the "installed" app on the market, it shows you a screen shot of that microphone toggle button. Why would that be different per phone?

Perhaps it needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled from market.

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
stupid question, on gingerbread if i held the search for a long press, the voice search comes up. where is it in ICS?

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
for me it works about the same as it always has....which is very good. It seems to not do as well for me on voice actions for emails....and listening to music.....but....for text messages it is ridiculously good, same for web searches and phone calls. Say call and then say the business town and state and it will automagically call that business. Same for navigation to an address or ....say navigate, a business name and a town and a state and it will take you their. I also like the note to self. It will email you a recorded message of whatever you noted. Overall it is awesome, but it is not perfect. I would like to see them integrate it with the calendar so you can create calendar events with a voice action.....and of course sometimes it has no clue what you are saying...but overall I think it is a very good feature.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
for me it works about the same as it always has....which is very good. It seems to not do as well for me on voice actions for emails....and listening to music.....but....for text messages it is ridiculously good, same for web searches and phone calls. Say call and then say the business town and state and it will automagically call that business. Same for navigation to an address or ....say navigate, a business name and a town and a state and it will take you their. I also like the note to self. It will email you a recorded message of whatever you noted. Overall it is awesome, but it is not perfect. I would like to see them integrate it with the calendar so you can create calendar events with a voice action.....and of course sometimes it has no clue what you are saying...but overall I think it is a very good feature.

jafels can you toggle the mic when telling it to text at any time like in the demo?

I just wan't full functionality of what's already been done, not more of what's to come.

jafels

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
no i cant.....i never used that before and quite honestly never even knew it was an option. I do fine without it, but you are right it is puzzling why that was removed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63