Signal bar going grey during calls...shouldn't it be blue?

MrLorence

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
As the title says...shouldn't it be blue with the 3g thing next to it?

On my X it was...

Anyone else having this "issue" if it even is one?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
It means you've lost connection to Google services. When you answer a call on 3G (no 4G or Wi-Fi) you lose data therefore access to their services.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's normal. The GN does not have SVDO like, for example, the Thunderbolt or Rezound. It cannot do voice and data simultaneously over 3G. So in areas without LTE, your data will drop, just like all other 3G phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
The thing is on the GN (I had) When I was on 4g and made a call the phone would drop data all together, This isn't suppose to happen thats one of the biggies for Verizon now is being able to have access to data while on a phone call. I know my Droid Charge would have data connection and be able to talk at same time if it was in the 4g network.

Sorry to say but I just wasn't going to wait this one out, I got burned when buying my xoom tablet on launch day with promises of upgrades and all within 90 day that didn't happen for nearly 7 month later, So I swapped out today for the Rezound and I'm happy I have 4g in areas I couldn't get 3g with the GN the dBm levels are ranging from 24-36dBm lower on the rezound than the GN My speed test results are blowing my mind my highest so far on the Rezound is 55.19 Mbps DL and 19.92 Mbps UL My lowest numbers are 18.26 DL and 11.66 UL I think the highest I ever got if my memory serves correct on the GN was 12-13 DL and 4-5 UL

Sorry guys but Sammy and Verizon and Google has a lot of work ahead of them to fix whats suppose to be the Flagship of all phones to come to par with whats avail. now. Yes it has Ice Cream but what good is that if the phone itself doesn't function as designed. Heck my Charge outperformed the GN in same areas and it wasn't anything to brag about I guarantee that.

I really wanted the GN to be my phone to show off and brag about but it is what it is.

James

jphillips1963

Banned
Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't those are two seperate features in the phones, Your other phones still collected text message while on a phone call as well. I'm unaware though you are able to receive emails are you sure of this? Text messages yes. But regardless you should be able to have all the services available to you while on a call. If not then like said there are some major issues that needs resolved.

James