1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Signal bar going grey during calls...shouldn't it be blue?

As the title says...shouldn't it be blue with the 3g thing next to it?

On my X it was...

Anyone else having this "issue" if it even is one?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Keyboard Warrior

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Signal bar going grey during calls...shouldn't it be blue?

It means you've lost connection to Google services. When you answer a call on 3G (no 4G or Wi-Fi) you lose data therefore access to their services.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

but its still letting me make calls...

ROM
    4.0.3 Codename 1.5.0

Quote Originally Posted by MrLorence View Post
    but its still letting me make calls...

you don't have to be connected to google to make and receive calls.
    DaPoets
    ~ Galaxy Nexus LTE Codename Android ROM 1.6 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Motorola Xoom LTE Codename Android ROM 1.5.5 (ICS 4.0.3)
    ~ Droid Charge as 24/7 4G Unlimited Tether Bot on Stock
    G1000 -> PPC6600 -> PPC6700 -> OG Droid -> Galaxy S Fascinate -> Pure Bliss

Voice and data are seperate. You dont need data access to make phone calls.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Right, but its not normal...is it?

It's normal. The GN does not have SVDO like, for example, the Thunderbolt or Rezound. It cannot do voice and data simultaneously over 3G. So in areas without LTE, your data will drop, just like all other 3G phones.

The thing is on the GN (I had) When I was on 4g and made a call the phone would drop data all together, This isn't suppose to happen thats one of the biggies for Verizon now is being able to have access to data while on a phone call. I know my Droid Charge would have data connection and be able to talk at same time if it was in the 4g network.

Sorry to say but I just wasn't going to wait this one out, I got burned when buying my xoom tablet on launch day with promises of upgrades and all within 90 day that didn't happen for nearly 7 month later, So I swapped out today for the Rezound and I'm happy I have 4g in areas I couldn't get 3g with the GN the dBm levels are ranging from 24-36dBm lower on the rezound than the GN My speed test results are blowing my mind my highest so far on the Rezound is 55.19 Mbps DL and 19.92 Mbps UL My lowest numbers are 18.26 DL and 11.66 UL I think the highest I ever got if my memory serves correct on the GN was 12-13 DL and 4-5 UL

Sorry guys but Sammy and Verizon and Google has a lot of work ahead of them to fix whats suppose to be the Flagship of all phones to come to par with whats avail. now. Yes it has Ice Cream but what good is that if the phone itself doesn't function as designed. Heck my Charge outperformed the GN in same areas and it wasn't anything to brag about I guarantee that.

I really wanted the GN to be my phone to show off and brag about but it is what it is.

James
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

But I'll still get texts and emails during calls and that requires data, no?

No it doesn't those are two seperate features in the phones, Your other phones still collected text message while on a phone call as well. I'm unaware though you are able to receive emails are you sure of this? Text messages yes. But regardless you should be able to have all the services available to you while on a call. If not then like said there are some major issues that needs resolved.

James
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

so then the real ?

Is it an issue or not

I'm listening to Internet radio and posting this in solid gray 4g anf gray 3g