No NFL Mobile!? Terrible speakers = return to store

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I might be in the minority but HOW CAN YOU NOT PUT NFL MOBILE ON THIS PHONE!? I can't even get NFL Mobile 11 cuz Verizon locks you out since they have the exclusive on NFL Mobile.

Also, trying to show my buddies highlights is painful when the speakers are so bad =0(

I think ima just return this for the RAZR and load up an ICS rom.

Is there a fix for the NFL Mobile?

I have portable speakers to correct the weak phone speaker but its not convenient to always carry the speakers with me.

stoneynumbnuts

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I do miss NFL mobile, but i thought the speaker was pretty darn good on mine. On par if not slightly better than the other phones i've had. I have sunday ticket for directv so i use yhat app on my phone. Way better than NFL mobile anyhow.

smitty24

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you check out the Volume+ thread about boosting speaker volume? That should resolve that for you. The NFL app however, is up in the air. Just depends on if Verizon updates it for ICS.

tonysracing

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I third the Volume+ fix.....wish I had it on every phone before the Nexus! NFL mobile is due for a fix before the playoffs start from what I read.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, really? The phone has been out a little over a week now and is running a new os. There are many apps that still aren't compatible. Verizon is working on updating NFL mobile for ICS compatibility. As an early adopter of a new is you should have known not everything was going to be ready right away. If you are going to return what is easily the best android device on the market for these two minor software issues you need to go return it and not be an early adopter and wait a couple of months for the next big thing while all the issues that go with a new os are ironed out. And yes the volume issue is a software one or volume + work as well as it does.
I definitely want nfl mobile but i can wait as i know its coming. The only thing killing me is battery life and hopefully they make some tweaks to help that.

484074b0-cf5b-9a00.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

E4C

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So let's see if we can understand this.

You're going to return the best phone out there for an inferior phone, so you can load up a ROM on it that doesn't exist (and won't for a while), which will run an OS that isn't compatible with the app you want anyway (the same OS that's on your current phone, which isn't compatible with NFL Mobile yet)?

I'm really at a loss for words when it comes to your thought process.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If the NFL season was just starting I would be more concerned about the app no working but since were almost in the playoffs now it doesn't bother me. I sure by next season the app will be fixed but there is a chance the Razr still won't have ICS.

The speaker on mine isn't the best either but the majority of times listening to music I'm using headphones, if you do use the speakers often I can see how this maybe a problem.

Good luck with your new phone and hope it gives you what you want.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So let's see if we can understand this.

You're going to return the best phone out there for an inferior phone, so you can load up a ROM on it that doesn't exist (and won't for a while), which will run an OS that isn't compatible with the app you want anyway (the same OS that's on your current phone, which isn't compatible with NFL Mobile yet)?

I'm really at a loss for words when it comes to your thought process.

Some people only have half a thought process it seems.

airtaz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
The problem here is that this is a vzw app. This should have been made prior to the nexus release. I bought my phone witha huge sign behind it advertising this special.... as well as the salesperson telling me yes it is for the nexus too. It is becoming more and more obvious that vzw has very little interest in supporting this phone.

In this case there could be false advertising and some serious ethical issues on vzw's part.

memillh

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a fix for the NFL Mobile?

I have portable speakers to correct the weak phone speaker but its not convenient to always carry the speakers with me.

I thought NFL Mobile's app was right around the corner. It almost launched this week. I would link you to one of the various headlines from this week, but the ones I have are in competing forums. The last update I saw said the app will receive the ICS update on 1/4 now. Just google it, and you'll see the stories. Early adopter = patience!

mozy

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought NFL Mobile's app was right around the corner. It almost launched this week. I would link you to one of the various headlines from this week, but the ones I have are in competing forums. The last update I saw said the app will receive the ICS update on 1/4 now. Just google it, and you'll see the stories. Early adopter = patience!

I also heard that NFL mobile is coming to ICS on 1/4/12 and that they will stream the Super Bowl on it.

Dude the Volume+ app turns these speakers from lame to awesome! No joke just grab the app for free on the thread on this board (http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus/141706-volume-full-version.html).