Is anyone else having a problem with google voice typing?

Is there a way to help it learn your speech? No accent from NYC and its kinda hit or miss with the words.
    12-24-2011 07:40 AM
    does it replace words with first and last names of email, G+, or phone contacts?
    12-24-2011 08:39 AM
    No worky in Browser.
    12-24-2011 12:12 PM
    To help it learn your speech, go here:

Settings > Language & input > Voice Search > Personalized recognition

Check the box next to Personalized recognition.
    12-24-2011 12:57 PM
    Yes i checked that box. How does it learn from you?

Does your google voice typing work?

To help it learn your speech, go here:

Settings > Language & input > Voice Search > Personalized recognition

Check the box next to Personalized recognition.
    12-24-2011 03:24 PM
    does it replace words with first and last names of email, G+, or phone contacts?
    I've had it do that, when I used the word "contact". I didn't want it to go searching my contacts, but apparently it thought I did.

Are there instructions for this interface somewhere? Maybe it would tell us how to go into/out of "search my contacts" mode, how to insert punctuation, capitalize, etc?
    12-24-2011 05:07 PM
    Yes i checked that box. How does it learn from you?

Does your google voice typing work?
    The voice recognition typing works for me, yes, but it's not perfect. I don't think we can expect it to be. It is much better now than it was at first. I have been using personalized recognition for quite a while, though, so perhaps that helps.

Here is a brief explanation from Google as to how the personalized recognition works:

Voice Search gets personal - Official Google Mobile Blog
    12-24-2011 07:16 PM
    It's mostly great which makes the minor faults that much more frustrating. For example, for me it can't recognize the word "add" 19 times out of 20. It'll hear either "and" or "had" or "Ed". So I'm trying things like using a finger to close one nostril while I say it and that somehow helps a little. Repeating the same sentence multiple times is frustrating. Do we have any controls to fiddle with other than allow personalized recognition? Any other hints on how to speak to help improve recognition?
    12-26-2011 02:09 PM
    Yes...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    12-26-2011 02:20 PM
    ,i want to write a app application with it.
    08-04-2012 07:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD