I like the My Verizon App

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow...I think I'm the only one who prefers having the MY Verizon app on my phone.

I'm on a 10GB tiered plan and not have the luxury has many of you guys have of an unlimited plan so for me...seeing what verizon thinks i'm using is very useful. I still use the built in data usage but you never know...

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think some people got way too exercised over the inclusion of the My Verizon app. It is useful and I use it myself. And frankly, the folks who hate having it on the phone so much are mostly enthusiasts who will unlock, root, and load custom ROMs.

Sent using Tapatalk

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It is a useful app. I keep it on mine too.
The concern was that it couldn't be removed. - Like VZW apps on most phones, you don't have a choice. I think that's all that people wanted (choices)

I haven't been able to find the data usage widget though. Anybody else find it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

808phoneaddict

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah its probably a useful app especially if you're not on an unlimited plan...most of us don't like it just cuz it tainted the concept of a pure Google phone...there were other worse apps that were pre installed in other phones, this one is very minor and typically doesn't do much in the background anyway...

Galaxy Nexus in the house via Tapatalk!!!

Jumper_jax

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I probably would use it some if I could actually connect to it. I keep getting error codes for some reason.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I use it all the time to keep track of my minutes and pay the bill on the go. Very useful app that I would have downloaded anyway.

CDuke0619

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I use it often and I have unlimited. I use it to see how much data I have used because I am curious and to see my bill

fminusfminus

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep I like it too. And I like the backup also. People made way too big of a deal on it. As long we get os updates frequently I could care less

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
ics has something similar built in. Go to settings then data usage. U can set limits and view how much data is used and what's using it. Myvzw app is a thing of the past. Really only useful for paying your bill.

drathos

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
The point that many were trying to make about it being included on the phone was, as a Nexus device, it should not have been there. The app has been in the market for a LONG time, so if people want it, it's there to be had. For those that don't want it, it's on the device and can't be removed (note, I said removed, not disabled) without rooting.

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
It "can" be removed, but rooted of course with a custom rom. I'm not dogging anyone that wants to use the app. I used all the time with my bolt. But I personally prefer the one in ics.

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. The app has no business being forced on any Nexus device. I happen to be someone that likes these apps, and I would have installed them on my Nexus, but that would be through my own election and not by force from Verizon.

Verizon does have some good apps but they should never force them on a Nexus. I also like Verizon's WiFi Auto-On app and NFL Mobile, but these apps are not working on the Nexus yet. I wish Verizon would make it a priority to get these apps working.

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just wish they had a Widget for minutes usage. My girlfriend talks so much and I need to keep an eye on the usage. Data I can care less about since we have unlimited and are on Wifi most of the time anyway.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The point that many were trying to make about it being included on the phone was, as a Nexus device, it should not have been there. The app has been in the market for a LONG time, so if people want it, it's there to be had. For those that don't want it, it's on the device and can't be removed (note, I said removed, not disabled) without rooting.

It's kind of interesting people are trying to say what should or shouldn't be on a Nexus device. Clearly those who claim something like MyVerizon shouldn't be there are wrong. Using the logic of well it wasn't on other Nexus phones so it shouldn't be on this one is flawed. If we employ that logic, anything that wasn't included on earlier Nexus phones shouldn't be on this one either.

Ultimately Google makes the call as to what should and shouldn't be on the phone. They have put things like backup on the phone. Apparently it should be there.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
It's kind of interesting people are trying to say what should or shouldn't be on a Nexus device. Clearly those who claim something like MyVerizon shouldn't be there are wrong. Using the logic of well it wasn't on other Nexus phones so it shouldn't be on this one is flawed. If we employ that logic, anything that wasn't included on earlier Nexus phones shouldn't be on this one either.

Ultimately Google makes the call as to what should and shouldn't be on the phone. They have put things like backup on the phone. Apparently it should be there.

Apps like that aren't on the previous nexus because it wasn't on Verizon then. Keep in mind my Verizon was available at that time so it did exist.

Verizon forces there app on there. All the phones Verizon sells has it on the if you look hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Apps like that aren't on the previous nexus because it wasn't on Verizon then. Keep in mind my Verizon was available at that time so it did exist.

Verizon forces there app on there. All the phones Verizon sells has it on the if you look hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is there on most of VZW's phones. But, because something wasn't done on completely different phones or on older models phones does not equal it shouldn't be there.

At some point in the process Google had to agree to the app being put there.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm a pretty hardcore hacker and I consider my Verizon app invaluable. I couldn't get it working on most of the custom roms I was using. Finally got it working on aokp.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Before its mentioned. I know a lot of people think that apple had a take or leave response to Verizon not putting things on the phone but that's not completely true.

aefc73c4-a904-8c9f.jpg

Sent from iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance