Ford Sync and bluetooth audio not working

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was able to play songs using google music. Interestingly enough i always start slacker before switching the radio to bluetooth.

I wish the microsoft sync would always stay on bluetooth audio. In my other car i have a kenwood that stays on the bluetooth input even when disconnected.

In the bluetooth settings on the phone press the settings button next to the device you are paired to and make sure media audio is checked.

I checked the settings in the GN for the "Car M_Media" paired device and only have an option for phone audio. Media audio does not show up as an option. Does this mean I won't be able to play music or use google navigation through the bluetooth device in my car?

Thanks for your help!

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
On my 2011 edge with MFT Sync, my phone says "SYNC" what/where is "CAR M_Media" Do you have non MFT, in that case i can not help.

bhcohen7

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
On my 2011 edge with MFT Sync, my phone says "SYNC" what/where is "CAR M_Media" Do you have non MFT, in that case i can not help.
The bluetooth connection in my car must be named CAR M_Media. That's what the GN is pairing to. Phone calls seem to work just fine between the phone and the bluetooth connection in the car, but the google navigation voice does not come through the car speakers when the bluetooth devices are paired.

lionelhuts

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
The OP's issue definitely appears to be a Ford Sync problem.

I have a 2012 Ford Focus with MFT (Gen 2 version 2.11) and had this exact same problem with two different Galaxy Nexus phones.

It would work fine for a few weeks but would then refuse to stay connected as soon as I chose it as a media source. (I should note here that "audio" was selected in the bluetooth settings for SYNC).

It started working again when my MFT system crashed and "performed scheduled maintenance." Pulling the fuse for SYNC should then ideally fix the problem. Until it happens again, of course.

abcyat

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I can make calls through sync but not be able to listen to music. It is showing playing on phone but it is not playing on sync .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer