Ford Sync and bluetooth audio not working

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Has any one have success getting the gn connected to there ford sync and play google music. Each time i connect to bluetooth, click connect to BT Stereo, then hoit play on the gn, the car says disconnected. Any one get this to work?

The only idea i found was to turn off wifi and that did not work.

travva

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
marc, could be due to how you've paired the devices. perhaps try pairing the car to the phone instead of the phone to the car? know what i mean? i've found bt on previous androids to be somewhat flakey and I imagine the nexus isn't much different, though I haven't checked myself. all i have is some tiny bt headset somewhere, and who the hell knows where it is! lol

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a 2011 Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 with Sync and my Gnex works good. Have only streamed Slacker though. I'll make it a point to try streaming Google music next time though and report back.

My Sync version is gen1 3.2.2 I believe.

Edit: as a side note, I always get whatever I want to use playing on my phone before saying "Bluetooth audio".

Last edited:

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2011 Kia forte sx and my Bluetooth audio won't work with my gnex, only the phone part. My rezound works. Any idea If this is a bug?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jlongjr27

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I was able to play songs using google music. Interestingly enough i always start slacker before switching the radio to bluetooth.

I wish the microsoft sync would always stay on bluetooth audio. In my other car i have a kenwood that stays on the bluetooth input even when disconnected.

In the bluetooth settings on the phone press the settings button next to the device you are paired to and make sure media audio is checked.

Last edited:

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2011 Kia forte sx and my Bluetooth audio won't work with my gnex, only the phone part. My rezound works. Any idea If this is a bug?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
BT works fine in my 11 Optima. Every once in a while it won't output audio (but phone still works) and I found that if I reboot or put the phone in airplane mode and then back, it works again.

thronedswine

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
2010 F150 and It works when it wants to! Sometimes it works like a charm other times (specially when I get out of the truck and then back in) it disconnects and then says it reconnects but then won't play any audio through the truck!

jimbosi

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I have Sync v2 2.11 and the G-Nex seems to work fine. That said, Sync itself is a work in progress. It doesn't surprise me that some people have problems, while others don't. Sync v3 is supposedly due out Jan 2012 (but I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed). Sorry you're having problems.

Deleting the phone profile on Sync, doing a reset, or pulling Fuse 28 (in that order) may help. Good luck.

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
2010 F150 and It works when it wants to! Sometimes it works like a charm other times (specially when I get out of the truck and then back in) it disconnects and then says it reconnects but then won't play any audio through the truck!
See my reply at the bottom of page 1, see if that helps.

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
got it work.
Here is what i did:
reset sync - did not work
reset pairing - did not work
pair from phone -> car - did not work(could not delete ford sync from phone, no delete under settings)

This worked, turn off media sharing on phone, then re-enabled. Maybe the new media server in ICS had a issue that needed to be reset?

thanks for everyone's help!!!

(when will they enable blue tooth MAP profile in the phone for text messaging. Guess this should be another thread)

santoro1200

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
How do I turn off media sharing on the phone? I'm having problems as well with my ford touch..was working perfect . Now the phone and my ford touch can't find each other.. I tried everything. Deleted , started over and still doesn't work.

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
my audio works fine but can't get my sync to read my text messages. my dx2 worked fine but can't get my gnex to do it. everything else works fine. i have a 2012 ford fusion if that helps!

hitem20

May 27, 2011
Visit site
2010 F150 SCREW and I have yet to have any issues other than having my other phone paired and when it was in range of the truck it took precedence over my GN. Once I unpaired the old phone I did not have another issue. Streamed from Google Music the entire day yesterday as we visited family members with out issue.

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
How do I turn off media sharing on the phone? I'm having problems as well with my ford touch..was working perfect . Now the phone and my ford touch can't find each other.. I tried everything. Deleted , started over and still doesn't work.

under bluetooth settings on the phone is phoe audio and media audio

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes