1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is there a way to force data?

The reason i ask is because it seems like when i go from wifi to data there is a long pause (sometimes up to 5 minutes before it turns on. Most of the time it will just show like 2-3 bars of signal, no data at all. I know i should have data where I am at from my other phone which is a blackberry showing full 3g.

It also tends to pause data when it is switching from 3g to 4g. Is this normal? All my other phones have been 3g only.

There is going to a SHORT pause when switching from wifi to mobile network, and 3G to 4G(4G to 3G). But it should only be a few seconds not 5 minutes, that isn't normal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: is there a way to force data?

It doesnt seem normal. On my other phone going from wifi to 3g only takes a second or two. But like i said with this phone it is taking anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes. I guess i should call verizon about this. Could it be a hardware issue. If so will i get a new phone or a refurb if there are any yet.

Try doing a factory reset first because if you call in they are gonna make you do it anyway. If it still is doing it, call or go in a store and they will replace it and it should be for a new device since you are still under the worry free guarantee period

I posted a report about this on Google's site. I've started turning wifi off before leaving a wifi network to force the phone to switch to the mobile network. I've also noticed that when entering a new (to the phone) open wifi network the phone drops the mobile network and I'll loose data until I connect to the wifi network or turn off wifi. Sucks when using Navigation.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

thanks. I am going to do a backup and do a factory reset to see if that solves my problems
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Just to let you guys know
    I did do the factory reset and it seems to be working great now. It is almost instantanious when switching from wifi to data and only a slight pause between 3g and 4g.

Thanks, this is why I love this forum!