Factory Reset not Working?? 4.0.2

nextmill

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a brand new Verizon Galaxy Nexus, it has 4.0.2 android. I have never rooted or unlocked the phone. When I go to Factory reset it reboots and sits at a black screen that says GOOGLE and doesn't go any further even after 30 minutes. I have to remove the battery to powercycle. I have tried booting the phone with both volume buttons pressed, selecting Recovery mode and again it switches to this GOOGLE screen and sits there indefinitely. Anyone have a solution to factory reset this new phone?

marcw

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am not too indepth with my nexus and clearing the data(yet) but on a samsung s2, having the usb cable connected and in usb debug mode would get you into the bootloader and able to clear the data.

I might be very wrong, but there is nothing to loose in hooking up the cable and hitting reset again.

rovindrasingh

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my Galaxy Nexus, I try to do a factory reset and it just boots up with the Google logo and sits there. Don't know if this was a problem with the 4.0.2 update.

A second problem I'm having is with the LED Notifications, whenever I get a missed call the LED notification doesn't come on at all. It works fine for text messages and Gmail but not for a missed call. Any thoughts? Any input would be appreciated.

I have the 16GB UNLOCKED GSM GALAXY NEXUS.

nextmill

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, simply get the Google Nexus Toolkit 5.1, enable usb debugging under developer mode and have it unlock your bootloader. While you are at it you can then have it flash CWM recovery standard which will let you easily upgrade to 4.04

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just did a factory reset on my GN last night because Verizon told me that it may help my data connection provlems. I didn't have any problems. I just went to settings and factory reset. It sat at the android for a while but reset with no issues.
I am running stock with bootloader locked.

BTW-I don't think it helped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463