1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone know how to turn off the 'data warning'?

For those on an unlimited plan, we could care less about how much data we're using. I got a 'data usage' warning in the message bar at the top. I was able to temporarily get rid of it by changing the warning threshold. But I don't see a way to turn it off entirely.

Has anyone found a way to do that?

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone know how to turn off the 'data warning'?

Setting>Data Usage> in the graph move the orange line higher

EDIT: Sorry reread your post, not sure how to disable totally.

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Settings/Data usage and uncheck Set mobile data limit.

Sent using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah, I did NotJustAPhone and it still gives me the warning. Try moving your data limit line down all the way, even with the box unchecked, and you'll see the warning in the message area.

I just wound up raising the orange line to a crazy limit of about 200gigs or something.

Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Ken7 View Post
    Yeah, I did NotJustAPhone and it still gives me the warning. Try moving your data limit line down all the way, even with the box unchecked, and you'll see the warning in the message area.

I just wound up raising the orange line to a crazy limit of about 200gigs or something.
    I see what you mean. Got the data notification after moving the setting lower. I had moved the data warning threshold to 20 gigs when I played around with the settings after getting the phone. Since I also have unlimited data, I just set it back to 20 gigs. Most I've ever used has been around 12 gigs so that should keep the warning away and if I ever hit 20 gigs in a cycle would like to know that.

Sent using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I agree that there should be a way to get rid of the threshold all together. You never know, you may end up being able to get rid of it in the next update.

I also got this message in the beginning. I thought, this message was just to scare people. However, withing a few days, I was really fed of this message. Remember there is nothing to worry about this message. You can do the following to get rid of this message.

Go into settings - data usage and turn off set mobile data limit.
    Informative Discussions about Internet Phone and other Communication Technologies