Anyone know how to turn off the 'data warning'?

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
For those on an unlimited plan, we could care less about how much data we're using. I got a 'data usage' warning in the message bar at the top. I was able to temporarily get rid of it by changing the warning threshold. But I don't see a way to turn it off entirely.

Has anyone found a way to do that?

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Setting>Data Usage> in the graph move the orange line higher

EDIT: Sorry reread your post, not sure how to disable totally.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I did NotJustAPhone and it still gives me the warning. Try moving your data limit line down all the way, even with the box unchecked, and you'll see the warning in the message area.

I just wound up raising the orange line to a crazy limit of about 200gigs or something.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I did NotJustAPhone and it still gives me the warning. Try moving your data limit line down all the way, even with the box unchecked, and you'll see the warning in the message area.

I just wound up raising the orange line to a crazy limit of about 200gigs or something.

I see what you mean. Got the data notification after moving the setting lower. I had moved the data warning threshold to 20 gigs when I played around with the settings after getting the phone. Since I also have unlimited data, I just set it back to 20 gigs. Most I've ever used has been around 12 gigs so that should keep the warning away and if I ever hit 20 gigs in a cycle would like to know that. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I agree that there should be a way to get rid of the threshold all together. You never know, you may end up being able to get rid of it in the next update.

CarolClark

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I also got this message in the beginning. I thought, this message was just to scare people. However, withing a few days, I was really fed of this message. Remember there is nothing to worry about this message. You can do the following to get rid of this message.

Go into settings - data usage and turn off set mobile data limit.

ultra_mon

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Drag the horizontal warning line on the data usage graph down to zero. You'll get a warning in your notification area which you can simply swipe away. You shouldn't then get another warning.

Robin Manford

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Sliding the limit all the way down to zero doesn't work, or at least it doesn't work on my S5. After receiving the stupid, naggy notification about data limits last month, I googled and found this page, and did the zero thing. A month later, and the notification came back.

Cotyreed

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
What if there is no orange or red bar to adjust and there is no box to chck on off? I have lg transpyre. Had this data usage warning issue awhile ago and forget how i got rid of it. Thnx.

S3gr1msj1nn

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I see what you mean. Got the data notification after moving the setting lower. I had moved the data warning threshold to 20 gigs when I played around with the settings after getting the phone. Since I also have unlimited data, I just set it back to 20 gigs. Most I've ever used has been around 12 gigs so that should keep the warning away and if I ever hit 20 gigs in a cycle would like to know that. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

What your actually getting a warning from is the samsung+ app device health alerts.
Go to your all apps search for samsung open samsung+ (white background with blue red purple transitioning + symbol) click the sandwich button upper left, go to notifications find the alert for high data usage and uncheck it.

This is also the place for the little reminder that you are on an insecure wifi or might wamt to reboot your phone cuz its been on for 7 days etc.

YWIA
Ryan

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
How about you uncheck limit mobile data use. Then you won't get the nag message

Attachments

• 72676.jpg
    72676.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics