Talk and Surf

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I really miss being able to talk and surf on 3g like my Thunderbolt! You would think the Nexus would have this capability.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Talk and Text

Ummm you can.

No, you can't. Simultaneous voice and EVDO data is simply not possible on the Galaxy Nexus. The Thunderbolt achieved this by some funky radio layout -- I don't understand the specifics of it, but it was hardware related, and the capability resulted in slow[er] data speeds during calls because of reduced radio power, as well as increased battery drain. These reasons are why Verizon never marketed the simultaneous voice and data capabilities of the handset.

Coming from the Thunderbolt, I think it's unfortunate that I no longer have the capability... But then I think about how many times I have actually used that functionality on my Thunderbolt. That number? A whopping 0. You won't see me losing any sleep over the lack of this functionality on the Nexus.

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Umm I actually MEANT talk and surf :p My bad. I actually used this pretty often on my Thunderbolt. Especially helpful with Google navigation as I traveled. Sorry for the confusion :eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's for the most part an at&t thing. Yet apple just patented it. Hmm why can't the verizon iPhones do it?

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
It's for the most part an at&t thing. Yet apple just patented it. Hmm why can't the verizon iPhones do it?

Woah, loads of fail right there.

1. It's not an ATT thing. It's a GSM thing, which means T-Mobile phones can do it too.

2. Apple didn't patent it.

3. #1 answers why Verizon phones can't do it

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Gsm is correct but that's what I meant and I just read the other day a whole article about apple patenting the ability to do "other things" while on a call. Which they(and at&t) heavily advertised before going cdma.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Gsm is correct but that's what I meant and I just read the other day a whole article about apple patenting the ability to do "other things" while on a call. Which they(and at&t) heavily advertised before going cdma.

apple patents everything.
I am sure they wanted the word macintosh removed from all fruit and veggie markets because they called their computer a mac.

hillwoman

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. I was on a call the other night, and my friend asked me to go look at his site and I did while still talking to him on the phone.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

That was referring to multitasking

I'm confused. I was on a call the other night, and my friend asked me to go look at his site and I did while still talking to him on the phone.

You can if you're on 4G or wifi

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae