Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Wifi keeps going to sleep

I just started having a problem of Wifi direct shutting off after a few minutes. I set it to ON and up until yesterday it stayed there. Now it shuts off in minutes. I have tried changing the settings to always, never, etc. Didn't have any issue for 6 weeks now I do. Any one know a fix. This is a stock phone.

Also what is wifi direct as compared to wifi? I use my home wireless router and now it appears I can.t. The wireless icon disappears in minutes and I have to go back and reset it to on .
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

From my experience this issue seems to come and go with no recognizable pattern... At least to me... I've had it on custom ROMs as well as stock builds. Maybe the official 4.0.3 update or whatever the next one will be for our phone will fix this.

Sent from the Nexus Galaxy far away...

After reading about it a bit it appears WIFI Direct is an added feature and not the main wifi connection on the phone. I was thinking when it was off I was not using wifi. It appears that is not the case. I don't use that feature at this time anyway so I'm much less concerned when it is not working. If you Google it there is some good description of what it can do.

I have a Note 10.1 and have the same issue of wifi dropping after the screen timeouts. It kept messing with DropSync. I used another posters suggestion of Wifi Fixer and it works perfectly now!

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

When you guys lose connection, do you get the "grey bars" on both the wifi and reception icons?

I seem to only have that problem at my place. But never seem to have the issue at my girlfriend's.

I'm thinking its a wireless router problem... but can't seem to diagnosis or fix the issue?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12