deleting instant upload photos??

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a Google+ account. If so you can go to settings > accounts & sync > click on your account > and deselect sync google photos. If that dosent do it then go into your google plus app and deselect auto upload photos. You can also go to your google+ account via desktop and delete albums from there.

Reactions: vytate and pdub73

Jet300

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I think she means individual photos. I would like to know this too. Its annoying that you take a bad photo and there is no way to delete it from the instant upload gallery

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Had to do it from my laptop on Google+ but disabling the the sync options is a good idea...thanks

update...This actually did NOT work...the instant upload pics are still there in the gallery...I know how I enabled it but is there a way to remove them?

Last edited:

sccpmusc26

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
There's a great app to manage your online Picasa photos from your phone. It's free and in the market. Look up Picasa Tool. Hope this helps.

NoICon

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I think you can delete the instant upload pictures in your gallery by going to your camera app. I am not 100% sure however, but it is worth poking around.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Had to do it from my laptop on Google+ but disabling the the sync options is a good idea...thanks

update...This actually did NOT work...the instant upload pics are still there in the gallery...I know how I enabled it but is there a way to remove them?

you have to delete them from both locations.. I like instant upload but it is kinda annoying when a crappy picture gets uploaded.. would be nice if there was an option to make it prompt before uploading.. of course that might get annoying too lol

Reactions: pdub73

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
you have to delete them from both locations.. I like instant upload but it is kinda annoying when a crappy picture gets uploaded.. would be nice if there was an option to make it prompt before uploading.. of course that might get annoying too lol

thanks I got it to work...instant upload folder is now gone...

Stethea

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I struggled with this. Then I decided to just go into manage apps and cleared all data for gallery, when I went back into my gallery the instant upload album was gone but my other pictures were still there. Hope this helps others.

Reactions: qnet

Akiela Hosting

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Easy way to fix this problem, go to your droid phone settings, select Accounts & Sync, then delete the google account listed. Once you do this you can go to your Galeery on your phone and the images that instant uploaded will be gone. If your photos are still listed, goto your Google Plus, and select each folder and delete each one. Once completes go to your gallery on your phone and select settings and then choose select all and then delete. That will do the trick.

Thisworked fine on my Galaxy S2

vytate

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I think she means individual photos. I would like to know this too. Its annoying that you take a bad photo and there is no way to delete it from the instant upload gallery

I was able to delete my instant upload by going into Google Plus, selecting Instant Upload photos, and deleting. :)

mastervm

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
http://picasaweb.google.com/

I'm able to manage all my sync'd folders there, including Instant Upload.

Edit: OK maybe not. I thought deleting in picasaweb sync'd up with Google+ Instant uploads but it seems I can still see photos I deleted in picasaweb in g+ instant. I can still delete individual images through the g+ interface though.

Last edited:

mohmdmahgob

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Easy way to fix this problem, go to your droid phone settings, select Accounts & Sync, then delete the google account listed. Once you do this you can go to your Galeery on your phone and the images that instant uploaded will be gone. If your photos are still listed, goto your Google Plus, and select each folder and delete each one. Once completes go to your gallery on your phone and select settings and then choose select all and then delete. That will do the trick.

Thisworked fine on my Galaxy S2

tnlady46

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
thank you so much this worked for me

---------- Post Merged at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:35 PM ----------

I struggled with this. Then I decided to just go into manage apps and cleared all data for gallery, when I went back into my gallery the instant upload album was gone but my other pictures were still there. Hope this helps others.

this work perferct

kyklopas

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
when i deleted google accounts photos in album disappeared.
But when added google accounts back as i need them ,they reappeared for instant upload again.Any other idea for permanently deleting these photos for instant upload will be appreciated..

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
when i deleted google accounts photos in album disappeared.
But when added google accounts back as i need them ,they reappeared for instant upload again.Any other idea for permanently deleting these photos for instant upload will be appreciated..

you have to delete the instant upload photos from your desktop browser not sure if you can do it from Picasa (Google needs to merge some apps) but I do it from photos in Google+. When you select photos it'll default you to the 'instant upload' album, just delete all the photos and then it'll live update in your phones gallery, if not clear the gallery app data/cache and that should wake it up to show the changes. Also make sure to turn off 'Instant Upload' in the Google+ apps settings otherwise the cycle will continue.

If you are wanting to keep instant upload but just not see the album in you gallery, under your account settings *SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS>"GMAIL ACCOUNT NAME" uncheck the sync checkbox for Picasa.

Hope this helps!

*May be slightly different depending on OS version and OEM UI