deleting instant upload photos??

SarahWilkins1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
OMG PLEASE HELP ME.
I AM ABOUT TO FLIP OUT ABOUT THESE INSTANT UPLOAD ALBUMS.
AFTER THE NEW UPDATE FOR GALAXY S3, THE "i" DOESN'T SHOW UP WHEN YOU TAP AND HOLD AN APP... SO THEREFORE, I CANNOT FIND THE THING OR PAGE OR WHATEVER TO DELETE THESE; PLEASE HELPS ASAP

Pedro Teixeira1

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Got my head wrapped on this for sone very disturbing 2 days, as there were some old photos of my ex-girlfriend and that doesn't work out well with my new girlfriend.

I got it to work by deleting the pics in the Google+ profile, using a desktop, and then erasing all data of my galery app directly in my cellphone appmanager.

Thanks for the help.

jim aikman

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Easy as pie folks... ok, nothing is ever that easy but here's at least one way that works!
1) access your photos from your google+ account on your PC, select photos and delete them
2) on your phone:
select settings
under accounts select google
select your gmail account that has the little 'sync' symbol next to it
ensure the Google photos is checked, select the options (top right) and "sync now"

This will remove the photos!
Hope this helps.... it took me a while to figure out, but I'm glad those photos of my ex are now gone :) :)

jerrr

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay. So how about this... I just got a Nexus 4, have not signed in to google+, and in my gallery are 500 photos in the instant upload section that I'm unable to delete. From what Ive been reading, everyone has been going to Google+ and deleting photos there but again I'm not using G+. something I'm missing?

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay. So how about this... I just got a Nexus 4, have not signed in to google+, and in my gallery are 500 photos in the instant upload section that I'm unable to delete. From what Ive been reading, everyone has been going to Google+ and deleting photos there but again I'm not using G+. something I'm missing?

you would have to have had a G+ account activated and instant upload turned on at some point to have the photos there. from GMail click the +YOUR NAME in the upper left, select PHOTOS from the left side navigation. It should default to take you to your INSTANT UPLOAD, if not you should have some navigation tabs across the top and one of them should be INSTANT UPLOAD, click it and you can start deleting photos individually or you can click SELECT ALL and mass delete them! Next time you launch the Google+ app it'll run you through the set-up wizard since it's your first run on your Nexus 4 (lucky), make sure to un-check the INSTANT UPLOAD option.

P.S.

You probably at one time had G+ and instant upload enabled on a previous phone and that's why it's there cause the Gallery syncs with Picasa/Google Photos/Google+ Photos <---- whatever the crap they call their photo service these days. :p

Peteatdock

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me.

Kill all the upload methods first by disabling Sync or whatever is uploading your photos, there's shed loads in the forums about how to do this. This stops them simply reappearing later on.

Now go to 'Applications' in the settings tab, 'manage applications', show all apps (not just the downloaded ones) and find the 'gallery' app. Now hit the 'Clear data' button.

Exit settings and go back to your gallery and if it's done to yours as it did to mine, no (Expletive deleted) Instant upload folder.

Simples!

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
FIRST:
>> menu> setting> accounts> google> google+> instant uploads> OFF

THEN:
>open your web browser form your pc
> https://plus.google.com/photos
> Instant upload tab
> delete the pictures in instant uploads

Additional info:

* instant up loads can not be disabled from your phones gallery. you would have to remove your google sync
to do this open the gallery > menu ( 3 dots in the corner) > "google photos sync is ON " click that >uncheck "auto-sync app data"
this will disable all photo syncing from google (picasa, google + ect)
**other effect to apps needing google sync app data might be effected**

Santino Jorge

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem because i have a galaxy note 2 but in order to fix this you have to select your gallery and then go back to the home screen, then hold your home button, and then you would see a menu of all of your recent activity if you have had any, next you will hold down on the gallery screenshot until you see the options of remove from list and app info, then select app info and in your app info menu, clear the data and it should resolve the problem

Jokoyal83

May 21, 2013
Visit site
As someone else mentioned, go on your phone and find how to get to manage apps, click on gallery, and clear data. The old instant uploads are gone and the current pictures are still there. I just tried it 2 minutes ago (5/21/13). I've really been trying to delete them for over a year thanks!!!!:cool:

jessybory

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I did all of the above but then when i go to gallery the instant upload folder is still there with all the pics i just deleted. I don't want to get rid of the whole instant upload folder just want to delete the ugly pics.

leaonard land

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I can't delete anything in my Gallery on my Galaxy Player 4.2. I tried to delete everything I could via computer hookup, and I seemed to be able to delete everything in the Gallery EXCEPT the one photo I really wanted to delete, the lone photo in "Instant Upload" - but then everything came back again when I restarted anyway!

It is impossible to delete that photo from Gallery because in order to get the delete button to appear I need to uncheck it and then it says nothing was selected. I can check the photo but then there is no delete button. The delete button only shows up when the photo in question is unchecked. Catch 22.

There are no 3 dots in the upper right corner, just a camera icon. None of the instructions above help. Very frustrating.

Last edited: