Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default deleting instant upload photos??

Does anyone know how to delete photos from instant uploads in my gallery??
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: deleting instant upload photos??

Do you have a Google+ account. If so you can go to settings > accounts & sync > click on your account > and deselect sync google photos. If that dosent do it then go into your google plus app and deselect auto upload photos. You can also go to your google+ account via desktop and delete albums from there.
    Thanked by 2:
    pdub73vytate 

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

I think she means individual photos. I would like to know this too. Its annoying that you take a bad photo and there is no way to delete it from the instant upload gallery

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Had to do it from my laptop on Google+ but disabling the the sync options is a good idea...thanks

update...This actually did NOT work...the instant upload pics are still there in the gallery...I know how I enabled it but is there a way to remove them?
    Lindsey Sprite likes this.

There's a great app to manage your online Picasa photos from your phone. It's free and in the market. Look up Picasa Tool. Hope this helps.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I think you can delete the instant upload pictures in your gallery by going to your camera app. I am not 100% sure however, but it is worth poking around.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    Had to do it from my laptop on Google+ but disabling the the sync options is a good idea...thanks

update...This actually did NOT work...the instant upload pics are still there in the gallery...I know how I enabled it but is there a way to remove them?
    you have to delete them from both locations.. I like instant upload but it is kinda annoying when a crappy picture gets uploaded.. would be nice if there was an option to make it prompt before uploading.. of course that might get annoying too lol
    Thanked by 2:
    Shirin Bagherzadeh likes this.

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    you have to delete them from both locations.. I like instant upload but it is kinda annoying when a crappy picture gets uploaded.. would be nice if there was an option to make it prompt before uploading.. of course that might get annoying too lol
    thanks I got it to work...instant upload folder is now gone...

I struggled with this. Then I decided to just go into manage apps and cleared all data for gallery, when I went back into my gallery the instant upload album was gone but my other pictures were still there. Hope this helps others.
    Thanked by 3:
    Lindsey Sprite likes this.

Easy way to fix this problem, go to your droid phone settings, select Accounts & Sync, then delete the google account listed. Once you do this you can go to your Galeery on your phone and the images that instant uploaded will be gone. If your photos are still listed, goto your Google Plus, and select each folder and delete each one. Once completes go to your gallery on your phone and select settings and then choose select all and then delete. That will do the trick.

Thisworked fine on my Galaxy S2
    Thanked by:
    Feona 

which ar ethe both locations from where we have to del them plzz tell me asap

Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    thanks I got it to work...instant upload folder is now gone...
    can u tell me the both locations plzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Jet300 View Post
    I think she means individual photos. I would like to know this too. Its annoying that you take a bad photo and there is no way to delete it from the instant upload gallery
    I was able to delete my instant upload by going into Google Plus, selecting Instant Upload photos, and deleting.

http://picasaweb.google.com/

I'm able to manage all my sync'd folders there, including Instant Upload.

Edit: OK maybe not. I thought deleting in picasaweb sync'd up with Google+ Instant uploads but it seems I can still see photos I deleted in picasaweb in g+ instant. I can still delete individual images through the g+ interface though.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiela Hosting View Post
    Easy way to fix this problem, go to your droid phone settings, select Accounts & Sync, then delete the google account listed. Once you do this you can go to your Galeery on your phone and the images that instant uploaded will be gone. If your photos are still listed, goto your Google Plus, and select each folder and delete each one. Once completes go to your gallery on your phone and select settings and then choose select all and then delete. That will do the trick.

Thisworked fine on my Galaxy S2

Thanks alot

Thanks alot deleted now. Iwant. Active the Google sync

thank you so much this worked for me

---------- Post Merged at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stethea View Post
    I struggled with this. Then I decided to just go into manage apps and cleared all data for gallery, when I went back into my gallery the instant upload album was gone but my other pictures were still there. Hope this helps others.
    this work perferct
    Thanked by:
    snelly1972 and Angel Quintana like this.

when i deleted google accounts photos in album disappeared.
    But when added google accounts back as i need them ,they reappeared for instant upload again.Any other idea for permanently deleting these photos for instant upload will be appreciated..

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kyklopas View Post
    when i deleted google accounts photos in album disappeared.
    But when added google accounts back as i need them ,they reappeared for instant upload again.Any other idea for permanently deleting these photos for instant upload will be appreciated..
    you have to delete the instant upload photos from your desktop browser not sure if you can do it from Picasa (Google needs to merge some apps) but I do it from photos in Google+. When you select photos it'll default you to the 'instant upload' album, just delete all the photos and then it'll live update in your phones gallery, if not clear the gallery app data/cache and that should wake it up to show the changes. Also make sure to turn off 'Instant Upload' in the Google+ apps settings otherwise the cycle will continue.

If you are wanting to keep instant upload but just not see the album in you gallery, under your account settings *SETTINGS>ACCOUNTS>"GMAIL ACCOUNT NAME" uncheck the sync checkbox for Picasa.

Hope this helps!

*May be slightly different depending on OS version and OEM UI

elete photos
    Navigate to your Photos by tapping the Google+ icon in the top left corner and choosing My Photos.

To view your photos from your Profile, touch the icon in the grey header and select Photos.

To delete a photo from one of your Google+ albums

Tap an album to open it
    Tap the photo you want to delete
    Select Menu and select Delete photo
    To delete multiple photos from your Instant Upload album

Select Menu and select Select photos
    Tap the photos you want to delete
    Select Menu and select Delete photos
    Rate this article:

Thank you Akiela Hosting...your information was a great help.

I still don't get it. I've gone into Google+ and deleted all but one profile photo.

My camera still has a bunch of photos on it that I don't want there. I can't seem to delete them. When I tap on the photo, I get a green check, but my only options are to share the photo or tap more and get details on the photo.

Thanks

Thanks that works nise 1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast