Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gixxer1kdaddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Default Cannot Obtain IP Address

Anyone else here having problems getting their Nexus to obtain an IP address?

Default Re: Cannot Obtain IP Address

Not me.
    I added my mac address to my router and it connects every tine.

Not only do I have problems, but it shows 1 bar and i'm right next to the router.

It may simply be your router. Go with the routine customer service response of unplugging it and turning it back on in 10 seconds first. If that doesn't work, you will need to login to the 192.168.1.1 and adjust the wireless settings.

The problem more than likely is that, if it is a Linksys router, that the system configuration settings got readjusted from Manual to Wi-Fi Protected Setup, which threw all of my devices off the network. Put it back over to Manual, save the settings, and you should be able to connect.

I know people have had issues with routers if they have like a/b/whatever activated on their router, and disabling one fixes it... I forgot which it is though lol

I had issues with mine. One roomate has a type g device and my phone was connecting as an n. Forced the router to only run g and it seems better.

I've had the same issues with my b/g/n wifi router on different android phones. My old hero could get an IP address with the stock ROM, but not with any of the custom ROMs I've tried, including CyanogenMod.

My Galaxy Nexus also refuses to get an IP address, but my Galaxy Tab 8.9 works fine.

If I understand it correctly, the issue can be solved by enabling only one type of connection on your wifi router (either g or n). I just work around it by assigning a static IP address to my phone that's outside of the DHCP range. In ICS, you can finally do this on a per-network basis, so it's not a big problem for me anymore.

Hope this helps

Changing the frequency band did not work for me at home ... I did set a static IP address and now it works fine. A bit frustrated however that I can't use it on DHCP at home.

1 open phone dialer
    2 dial *#0011#
    3 when u see servicemode screen click on fixed menu button bottom left
    4 select wifi
    5 itll be in wifi power save mode. Click that off
    6 thats it. If u have a router saved choose forget then reconnect so it refreshes

Thank you Sarah. Your action solved my problem with "Wifi obtaing ip address", too.

i followed your steps but i don't see service mode screen
    Shaikh Tariq likes this.

hey do have galaxy nexus ???

Can I do this with Nexus 4?

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Bine View Post
    1 open phone dialer
    2 dial *#0011#
    3 when u see servicemode screen click on fixed menu button bottom left
    4 select wifi
    5 itll be in wifi power save mode. Click that off
    6 thats it. If u have a router saved choose forget then reconnect so it refreshes
    Dialing that number doesn't work on my VZW gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The solution for me was deleting all the content of /data/misc/dhcp and toggling the wifi icon.

i have problem in wifi mobile can not find ip address in mobile samsung s duos

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so pls don't kill me if I might post wrongly or smth. So I'm having the same problem with the obtaining-ip-adress-loop on my galaxy nexus, just that it won't work with any Wi-Fi unless I put a static ip in the advanced settings (a friend of mine did this, but couldn't fix it for good), but this of course only works on my Wi-Fi, and not the public ones. Got any leads? This bug started like 4 months ago and I'm kinda desperate since then ...

Posted via Android Central App

hi dear thanks for the help but it is still unable to obtain the ip address.
    Regards
    Abass
    Kenya and well to africa.