Contact photos in notification bar?

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but is there a way to get contact photos to show up in the notification bar next to text messages? It just shows the same icon as the app shortcut next to texts when using the stock messaging app.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I imagine some third party texting apps will handle that once they update for ICS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought this was a stock feature of ICS? I know the notifications now support thumbnails.
Edit: whoops. Your right it doesn't work. But I was pretty sure that when Google had the press conference for ICS, that they had the contacts picture in the notification bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pierce09

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I thought this was a stock feature of ICS? I know the notifications now support thumbnails.
Edit: whoops. Your right it doesn't work. But I was pretty sure that when Google had the press conference for ICS, that they had the contacts picture in the notification bar.

me too i thought it was supposed to happen

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site

It does it for e-mail, but not for text messages, for some reason.

Pierce09

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's just annoying that it won't show them for texting. It works with other apps but why not the default text app? I would imagine that's one of the most popular use-cases.